Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for IP-MR Speech Codec draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-05.txt
	Author(s)       : S. Ikonin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-05.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2009-08-18

This document specifies the payload format for packetization of SPIRIT 
IP-MR encoded speech signals into the Real-time Transport Protocol 
(RTP). The payload format supports transmission of multiple frames per 
payload and introduced redundancy for robustness against packet loss.

Table of Contents

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 17:11:50 +0300

Hi,
I looked at the new text. I saw that you added the procedure that describes
the frame size and structure.

I am still not sure about the DTX and byte align. The current text says that
"D (1 bit): indicates if the DTX mode is allowed or not"
I am not clear what you mean by allowed, I assume that it is used which
means that in IPMR DTX support is mandatory and it is used or not in the
encoded stream.

If you want DTX support to be optional it should be defined an optional
parameter allowing the offer or answer to specify if they support DTX in
offer/answer exchange.

Roni Even

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:45 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-05.txt
>