Subject: [AVT] FW: New Version Notification for draft-begen-avt-rapid-sync-rtcp-xr-02

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:50:21 -0700

Hi everyone,

Based on the feedback we received, we updated the draft. As I indicated in my presentation two weeks ago, we would like to get this draft adopted and finalize it along with RAMS draft.

The updated draft link:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-begen-avt-rapid-sync-rtcp-xr-02.txt

-acbegen

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 10:48 PM
To: Ali C. Begen (abegen)
Cc: Eric Friedrich (efriedri)
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-begen-avt-rapid-sync-rtcp-xr-02 

A new version of I-D, draft-begen-avt-rapid-sync-rtcp-xr-02.txt has been successfuly submitted by Ali Begen and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-begen-avt-rapid-sync-rtcp-xr
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Multicast Acquisition Report Block Type for RTCP XR
Creation_date:	 2009-08-10
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 20

Abstract:
In most RTP-based multicast applications, the RTP source sends inter-
related data.  Due to this interdependency, randomly joining RTP
receivers usually cannot start consuming the multicast data right
after they join the session.  Thus, they often experience a random
acquisition delay.  One approach to reduce this delay is to use an
auxiliary unicast RTP session with a retransmission server to receive
a burst stream that facilitates rapid acquisition of the multicast
stream.  An RTP receiver may use this approach (or any other
approach) to achieve rapid acquisition.  Yet, due to various factors,
performance of the rapid acquisition methods usually varies.
Furthermore, in some cases the RTP receiver may (or may have to) do a
simple multicast join.  For quality reporting, monitoring and
diagnostics purposes, it is important to collect detailed information
from the RTP receivers about their acquisition and presentation
experiences.  This document addresses this issue by defining a new
report block type, called Multicast Acquisition (MA) Report Block,
within the framework of RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports
(XR).  This document also defines the necessary signaling of the new
MA report block type in the Session Description Protocol (SDP).

The IETF Secretariat.