Subject: [AVT] ACM Multimedia 2009 - Advance registration deadline August 18

From: Susanne Boll <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:41:49 +0200

Advance registration ends August 18
17th INTERNATIONAL ACM CONFERENCE ON MULTIMEDIA 2009

Beijing Hotel, Beijing, China
October 19-24, 2009
  www.acmmm09.org
______________________________________________________

The General Chairs

Wen Gao, Peking University, China
Yong Rui, Microsoft, China
Alan Hanjalic, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands

cordially invite you to participate in this premier annual event on  
multimedia research, technology and art. The conference will have an  
excellent technical program, and will be surrounded by a multimedia  
art exhibition and a number of outstanding state-of-the-art tutorials  
and workshops. Special highlights will include an extended and  
carefully designed program of panel discussions, and the new concept  
of Multimedia Grand Challengethat we introduce in 2009 as a part of  
the conference program.

The technical program will consist of the oral/poster sessions and  
invited talks in four tracks
* Multimedia content analysis, processing, and retrieval
* Multimedia networking, sensor networks, and systems support
* Multimedia tools, end-systems, and applications
* Human-Centered Multimedia

In addition to full and short papers, the conference offers a large  
set of additional presentation and discussion forums such as panels,  
poster presentations, video and demo sessions as well as open source  
competition and the multimedia grand challenge. A great set of  
tutorials and workshops is complementing the event.

The conference program can be found under http://www.acmmm09.org/program.aspx

The conference venue is located in the center of Beijing. The  
distinguished conference hotels are located at 33 East Chang An  
Avenue. They are set at the corner of Wangfujing Street and ChangAn  
Avenue. Adjacent to one of Beijing's major shopping areas, the hotels  
is also only a few steps away from the grandeur of the Forbidden City,  
the Tiananmen Square, the Great Hall of the People, Grand National  
Theater and other cultural and historical sites.