Subject: [AVT] Comments on the draft "draft-zou-avt-new-tlv-element-rams-00" are welcome

From: Zou ZiXuan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:38:00 +0800

Hi, All
A new draft " draft-zou-avt-new-tlv-element-rams-00" is uploaded. Any
comments are welcome.
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-zou-avt-new-tlv-element-rams-00.txt

Abstract:
[I-D.ietf-avt-rapid-acquisition-for-rtp] defines a method for rapid 
   acquisition of multicast sessions (RAMS).  Upon accepting the first 
   RAMS-R message, RS MUST echo an RAMS-I message as a response to RR.  
   This document proposes to optionally convey a parameter called 
   unicast backspace in the RAMS-I message.  Unicast backspace is the 
   RTP timestamp difference between the first unicast burst packet to be 
   sent and the latest primary multicast packet in the buffer of RS.  
   The RTP timestamps values for these packets are taken from the 
   primary multicast stream.  The parameter is a constant once RS 
   chooses a starting point for the unicast burst.  This parameter can 
   be used by RR to determine when to join the primary multicast session. 
   RR would not rely on RAMS-I to revise the earliest multicast join 
   time after the burst rate is changed by RS and therefore is immune to 
   the lose of RAMS-I. Moreover, if this parameter is known, RR with 
   appropriate playback control can reduce the additional end-to-end 
   delay introduced by the RAMS process or can enable the RS to serve 
   the RR with shorter burst duration and therefore save the bandwidth 
   of RS export and the burst forwarding path.

Cheers
Zou ZiXuan, Senior Research Staff
Media Technology Research Department
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD. 

Address: Huawei Industrial Base
Bantian Longgang
Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
Tel: +86 0755 28789364
Fax: +86 0755 28788317
E-mail: [email-masked]
www.huawei.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which 
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
use of the 
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
total or partial 
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
intended 
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by 
phone or email immediately and delete it!