Subject: [AVT] Comments on draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rapid-acquisition-for-rtp-05

From: Eric Friedrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:05:54 -0500

I would like to propose an addition to Sec 6.2, Step #2 to include the  
required criteria by which a RS decides to accept or reject a RAMS  
request.
Proposed Text:
2. Response: RS receives the RAMS-R message and decides whether to  
accept or reject it. For the RS to accept the RAMS-R, it MUST  
guarantee the following:
1) The RAMS burst MUST provide at least Min RAMS Buffer Fill  
Requirement amount of buffer backfill.
2) The RAMS burst MUST provide at most Max RAMS Buffer Fill  
Requirement amount of buffer backfill.
3) The rate of the RAMS burst MUST not exceed Max Receive Bitrate.
4) The rate of the RAMS burst MUST not exceed any preconfigured burst  
rate limit for a set of RTP_Rx, if such limits exist (see Section 6.3,  
item f).

In both the accept and reject cases, RS MUST send at least one RAMS- 
Information (RAMS-I) message to RTP_Rx. The first RAMS-I message MAY  
precede the unicast burst or it MAY be sent during the burst.  
Additional RAMS-I messages MAY be sent during the burst and these RAMS- 
I messages may or may not be a direct response to a RAMS-R message.  
The RAMS-I message is sent by the Burst/Retransmission Source logical  
entity that is part of RS. Note that RS learns the IP address  
information for RTP_Rx from the RAMS-R message it received. (This  
description glosses over the NAT details. Refer to Section 9 for a  
discussion of NAT- related issues.)
...

Thank You,
Eric Friedrich

---

From: "VAN CAENEGEM Tom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:57:00 +0100

Erich,

My comment here is that these parameters are optional, so I suggest to
simply shorten to :

"For the RS to accept the RAMS-R, it MUST take into account any
limitations that MAY be signaled by the RTP receiver in the RAMS-R
message in the TLV encoded fields. In both the accept and reject cases,
RS MUST send at least (...)"

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Eric Friedrich
Sent: donderdag 10 december 2009 17:06
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] Comments on
draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rapid-acquisition-for-rtp-05

I would like to propose an addition to Sec 6.2, Step #2 to include the
required criteria by which a RS decides to accept or reject a RAMS
request.
Proposed Text:
2. Response: RS receives the RAMS-R message and decides whether to
accept or reject it. For the RS to accept the RAMS-R, it MUST guarantee
the following:
1) The RAMS burst MUST provide at least Min RAMS Buffer Fill Requirement
amount of buffer backfill.
2) The RAMS burst MUST provide at most Max RAMS Buffer Fill Requirement
amount of buffer backfill.
3) The rate of the RAMS burst MUST not exceed Max Receive Bitrate.
4) The rate of the RAMS burst MUST not exceed any preconfigured burst
rate limit for a set of RTP_Rx, if such limits exist (see Section 6.3,
item f).

discussion of NAT- related issues.) ...

Thank You,
Eric Friedrich

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt