Subject: [AVT] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC3711 (1958)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 02:39:10 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3711,
"The Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3711&eid=1958

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Jaap Keuter <[email-masked]>

Section: 1

Original Text
-------------
   This document describes the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol
   (SRTP), a profile of the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP), which
   can provide confidentiality, message authentication, and replay
   protection to the RTP traffic and to the control traffic for RTP,
   RTCP (the Real-time Transport Control Protocol) [RFC3350].

Corrected Text
--------------
   This document describes the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol
   (SRTP), a profile of the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP), which
   can provide confidentiality, message authentication, and replay
   protection to the RTP traffic and to the control traffic for RTP,
   RTCP (the Real-time Transport Control Protocol) [RFC3550].

Notes
-----
Reference is made to the RFC pertaining RTP, which is 3550, not 3350.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3711 (draft-ietf-avt-srtp-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : The Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP)
Publication Date    : March 2004
Author(s)           : M. Baugher, D. McGrew, M. Naslund, E. Carrara, K. Norrman
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Audio/Video Transport
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG