Subject: [AVT] AD review draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-10

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:16:03 -0600

I've reviewed version -10 of this document and have a couple of things  
to discuss before the next step.

1) It is unusual for payload formats to be published as Informational.  
Unless there is a strong argument otherwise,
this should be moved forward as Proposed Standard.

2) I think we'll need to get some advice on the header/boilerplate and  
inclusion of the BSD license text for the code.
I'll work directly with the editors on this.

3) There are some SHOULDs in section 3.3 that I suspect really meant  
to be MUSTs.
      The re requirement that the T bit SHOULD be set to 0 and that a  
received packet
      containing a CR value of 6 SHOULD be discarded. Why aren't those  
MUSTs?
      I suspect its because you are looking forward to some future  
change allowing a
     T value of 1 or for a CR value of 6 to mean something. If so,  
those requirements
      should be MUSTs. Any change to the standard that allows  
different behavior will
      update those requirements.

4) This sentence "Values in the range 0-5 indicate bitrates for the  
core layer, same
      as for packet SHOULD be discarded" fails to parse.