Subject: [AVT] Audio levels anyone?

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:03:50 +0200

Hi all,

the authors of draft-ivov-avt-slic and 
draft-lennox-avt-rtp-audio-level-exthdr would like to get feedback about 
what people want to do with the audio level drafts.

The drafts were extensively discussed on this mailing list, presented in 
Stockholm and Hiroshima (where people hummed in favor of their adoption 
as WG item) and were then put on hold awaiting for AVT restructure.

At this point in time working implementations of the proposed extension 
exist and, as far as I know, other implementations have it in their 
roadmap for the near future.

It does however not make sense for the specs to proceed as individual 
drafts; if you are interested and willing to contribute to their 
refinement, this is a good time to speak up.

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico

---

From: Stefan Sayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:12:16 +0200

Hi,

> what people want to do with the audio level drafts.

in the SEMS project [1], which is a free media server for VoIP, we are 
  working on implementing the mixer to client levels.

In my opinion participants' audio levels is a very useful feature, 
especially on large conferences with many strangers, in my opinion for 
audio conferencing it is one of the most useful addition to the bare 
audio mixing (besides spatial audio, which is a lot more complex to 
implement due to it requiring stereo).

So we would really appreciate it if this proceeds to WG item.

Regards
Stefan

[1] http://iptel.org/sems

---

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:57:52 -0700

I think that the smart thing to do would be to put the AVT restructure on
hold until the drafts are published, not vice versa :-)
Stephan