Subject: [AVT] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-singh-avt-mprtp-01

From: Varun Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:53:37 +0300

Hi,

This is an update to the Multipath RTP draft presented at Maastricht.
We have made additions in Section 8 and 9. (diff:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-singh-avt-mprtp-01.txt).
Comments are welcome.

A brief summary, Multipath RTP picks up ideas from MPTCP and SCTP, it
aims to exploit the multiple interfaces for increasing throughput
and/or robustness.

Regards,
Varun

Begin forwarded message:

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: October 25, 2010 10:34:20 PM GMT+03:00
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-singh-avt-mprtp-01

A new version of I-D, draft-singh-avt-mprtp-01.txt has been
successfully submitted by Varun Singh and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-singh-avt-mprtp
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Multipath RTP (MPRTP)
Creation_date:	 2010-10-25
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 23

Abstract:
The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is used to deliver real-time
content and, along with the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP), forms the
control channel between the sender and receiver.  However, RTP and
RTCP assume a single delivery path between the sender and receiver
and make decisions based on the measured characteristics of this
single path.  Increasingly, endpoints are becoming multi-homed, which
means that they are connected via multiple Internet paths.  Network
utilization can be improved when endpoints use multiple parallel
paths for communication.  The resulting increase in reliability and
throughput can also enhance the user experience.  This document
extends the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) so that a single
session can take advantage of the availability of multiple paths
between two endpoints.

The IETF Secretariat.

Varun Singh
http://www.netlab.tkk.fi/~varun