Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rfc3016bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 01:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for MPEG-4 Audio/Visual Streams
	Author(s)       : M. Schmidt, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rfc3016bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2010-10-01

This document describes Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
formats for carrying each of MPEG-4 Audio and MPEG-4 Visual
bitstreams without using MPEG-4 Systems.  For the purpose of directly
mapping MPEG-4 Audio/Visual bitstreams onto RTP packets, it provides
specifications for the use of RTP header fields and also specifies
fragmentation rules.  It also provides specifications for Media Type
registration and the use of Session Description Protocol (SDP).

Comments are solicited and should be addressed to the working group's
mailing list at [email-masked] and/or the author(s).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc3016bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Bont, Frans de" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 10:55:23 +0200

Hi all,

We have submitted a slightly updated version of the draft as it would expire soon.

Below a summary of the changes.

1. The media subtype registration was not in line in accordance with
RFC4855 and was not using the template of RFC4288. This has been corrected.

2. The registration section had examples, they have been moved to the mapping
to SDP section.

3. The IANA consideration was updating the registering of the media subtype
definition from RFC 3016, but since it is the intention to obsolete 3016,
RFC 3016 has been replaced by RFC XXXX in the related sections.

4. The draft listed the differences with respect to RFC 3016, but an
interoperability consideration with systems that support RFC 3016 was missing.
Therefore, a section has been added to describe that no interoperability issues
are foreseen because existing systems that support RFC 3016 already comply with
the specification of the 3GPP PSS service and the draft is compatible with it.

5. In section 3.3 (f) an example of fragmentation was mentioned but the last
sentence of that example was confusing. This last sentence has been removed.

6. The change controller in the registration is changed to:
"IETF Audio/Video Transport working group delegated from the IESG."

Your comments are welcome!

Best regards,
Frans

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: 2010 Oct 01 10:45 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rfc3016bis-01.txt
>
> This document describes Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload formats for
> carrying each of MPEG-4 Audio and MPEG-4 Visual bitstreams without using MPEG-
> 4 Systems.  For the purpose of directly mapping MPEG-4 Audio/Visual bitstreams
> onto RTP packets, it provides specifications for the use of RTP header fields
> and also specifies fragmentation rules.  It also provides specifications for
> Media Type registration and the use of Session Description Protocol (SDP).
>
> Comments are solicited and should be addressed to the working group's mailing
> list at [email-masked] and/or the author(s).
>
> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the Internet-
> Draft.

The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.