Subject: [AVTCORE] Call for Papers: NOSSDAV 2011 -- Deadline Extended to March 3rd

From: "Sheng-Wei (Kuan-Ta) Chen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:52:58 +0800

[Apologies if you receive this more than once]
+++++++++++++++++++++ [ NOSSDAV 2011 Call for Papers ] 
+++++++++++++++++++++++

      The 21th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems
             Support for Digital Audio and Video

                        June 2-3, 2011
            Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

                 http://nss.cs.ubc.ca/nossdav2011/

NOSSDAV 2011 is the 21th anniversary of SIGMM's leading workshop on 
network and
operating systems support for digital audio and video. The workshop, 
hosted at
the University of British Columbia (UBC), will continue to focus on 
emerging
research topics, controversial ideas, and future research directions in 
the area
of multimedia systems research.

As in previous years, we will maintain the focused single-track format a 
setting
that stimulates lively discussions among the senior and junior participants.
NOSSDAV encourages experimental research based on real systems and real 
data sets.
Public availability of the source code and data sets discussed in papers 
presented
at NOSSDAV is highly encouraged.

For NOSSDAV 2011, we will accept papers on broad ranges of topics 
related to the
transmission and presentation of digital audio/video objects. We are 
particularly
interested in soliciting articles that discuss system-level support for 
distributed
social media, as well as papers that focus on enabling multimedia 
applications in
distributed cloud. Other topics of interest include (but are not 
restricted to):

* OS, middleware and network support
* Overlay networks
* Media streaming, distribution and storage support
* Web 2.0 systems and social networks
* Media sensor and ad hoc networks / embedded systems
* Multicore architecture support
* Wireless and mobile multimedia systems / network processor support
* Networked GPUs, graphics and virtual environments
* Networked games / real-time immersive systems
* Multimedia communications and system security
* Grid/Cloud computing support

Please contact the workshop co-chairs to check if your topic is within 
the scope of
NOSSDAV. Papers will be judged on their relevance, technical content and 
correctness,
and the clarity of presentation of the research. Papers should not be 
under review
at another venue nor previously published elsewhere.

Submissions should be at most SIX pages, using standard ACM proceedings 
style.
We expect these submissions to be the kernel of what will eventually 
lead to full-length
papers at high-quality conferences or journals.

Important Dates

Paper Submission Deadline: 3 Mar 2011 (extended)
Decision Notification:     24 Mar 2011
Camera Ready Due:          7 Apr 2011

For more information, please visit the workshop website at

http://nss.cs.ubc.ca/nossdav2011/