Subject: [AVTCORE] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-singh-avt-mprtp-02

From: varun singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:07:55 +0200

Hi,

We have submitted a new version of MPRTP. Sections 7 and 8 have
undergone some significant change.  The detailed diff can be seen
here: http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-singh-avt-mprtp-02.txt

Filename:	 draft-singh-avt-mprtp
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Multipath RTP (MPRTP)
Creation_date:	 2011-02-24
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 25

Abstract:
The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is used to deliver real-time
content and, along with the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP), forms the
control channel between the sender and receiver.  However, RTP and
RTCP assume a single delivery path between the sender and receiver
and make decisions based on the measured characteristics of this
single path.  Increasingly, endpoints are becoming multi-homed, which
means that they are connected via multiple Internet paths.  Network
utilization can be improved when endpoints use multiple parallel
paths for communication.  The resulting increase in reliability and
throughput can also enhance the user experience.  This document
extends the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) so that a single
session can take advantage of the availability of multiple paths
between two endpoints.

The IETF Secretariat.

Varun Singh
http://www.netlab.tkk.fi/~varun

---

From: varun singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 23:44:08 +0200

Hi,

The earlier draft is resubmitted under avtcore and is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-singh-avtcore-mprtp-00

Cheers,
Varun