Subject: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-01

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 13:47:46 +0700

Section 10 says "Geoff Hunt and Philip Arden wrote the initial draft for
this document".  That being the case, they should be listed as authors
or, at the very least, in a "Contributors" section; I much prefer the
former, since there is no lack of space on the front page.  In that same
vein, I think that Qin Wu should be listed as "Editor".

Also in Section 10:
s/Acknowledgement/Acknowledgments/
s/Drage,Dan/Drage, Dan/
s/Begen, Roni/Begen and Roni/
s/early version/early versions/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 08:59:51 +0200

> vein, I think that Qin Wu should be listed as "Editor".

I agree that they need to be duly credited. However, unless they are at
least somewhat active and willing to respond to some emails at least in
the RFC-editor phase they need to be in the contributor section.
Otherwise they are holding up the process and forces us and the AD to do
extra process.

> s/early version/early versions/

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 14:16:04 +0700

> Otherwise they are holding up the process and forces us and the AD to do

But all they really need to do is respond to AUTH48, right?  My view is
that if they wrote the document then they need to be authors; if at the
end they disappear (i.e., are unreachable), they can always be removed.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 09:20:20 +0200

> end they disappear (i.e., are unreachable), they can always be removed.

Yes, they need to respond to that, and ensure that they have a working
email address in the draft. Otherwise I personally do have a preference
for keeping them as authors, but please ensure that they are asked for
their preference.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 16:23:42 +0800

Hi,
Thank for your brief review. See inline.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:47 PM
Subject: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-01

> former, since there is no lack of space on the front page.  

[Qin]: Good question,  However it was not my intent to move them to acknowledgement section.
Also I agree they did a lot of work. If WG think we should honor them, I can put them back
in the new version.
BTW: I do check with one of author of intial draft: Philip before. He said he will keep an eye on this work.

>In that same

[Qin]: Thanks, Your proposed editorial changes will be reflected in the new version.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
>