Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 04:22:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTCP for inter-destination media synchronization
	Author(s)       : Ray van Brandenburg
                          Hans Stokking
                          Fernando Boronat
                          Mario Montagud
                          Kevin Gross
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-03-09

   This document gives information on an RTCP Packet Type and RTCP XR
   Block Type including associated SDP parameters for Inter-Destination
   Media Synchronization (IDMS).  The RTCP XR Block Type, registered
   with IANA based on an ETSI specification, is used to collect media
   playout information from participants in a group playing-out
   (watching, listening, etc.) a specific RTP media stream.  The RTCP
   packet type specified by this document is used to distribute a common
   target playout point to which all the distributed receivers, sharing
   a media experience, can synchronize.

   Typical use cases in which IDMS is usefull are social TV, shared
   service control (i.e. applications where two or more geographically
   separated users are watching a media stream together), distance
   learning, networked video walls, networked loudspeakers, etc.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-03.txt

---

From: "Brandenburg, R. (Ray) van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 12:32:04 +0000

Hi all,

As you can see, we've uploaded a new version of the IDMS draft. 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-03.txt
Diff from -02: http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-03.txt

The main difference from the last version is that we moved all clock-source related stuff to a separate draft (draft-williams-avtcore-clksrc-00), as agreed during the Taipei meeting. This way, we have a more modular approach. Furthermore, we have done a clean-up of the rest of the document, especially regarding language and terminology. 

During the Paris meeting, we hope to present both the Clock Source draft and the changes to the IDMS draft. 

Best regards,

Ray van Brandenburg

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: vrijdag 9 maart 2012 13:23
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-03.txt

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/emaildisclaimer