Subject: [AVTCORE] Creating a milestone for the specification of how to use ARIA with SRTP

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:54:53 +0100

WG,

Cryptographic algorithms that someone desires to use with SRTP needs to
be specified and their identifiers registered with the key-management
protocol. IETF currently has three different key-management protocols.
The Security Descriptions registry requires standards action to define
additional registry entries for crypto suits. ARIA is a South Korean
crypto standard and also published as informational RFC 5794. I think
there needs to be strong motivations why we would not go ahead and
specify this usage. We WG chairs propose the following milestone.

Dec 2012  Submit SRTP Cryptographic Transform(s) based on the ARIA
algorithm and corresponding key-management profiles for Security
Descriptions, MIKEY and DTLS-SRTP for publication as proposed standard

WG, please provide input on this milestone no later than the 26th of March.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------