Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 02:19:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Guidelines for Use of the RTP Monitoring Framework
	Author(s)       : Qin Wu
                          Geoff Hunt
                          Philip Arden
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-20.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-09-14

Abstract:
   This memo proposes an extensible Real-Time Protocol (RTP) monitoring
   framework for extending RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) with a new RTCP
   Extended Reports (XR) block type to report new metrics regarding
   media transmission or reception quality.  In this framework, a new XR
   block should contain a single metric or a small number of metrics
   relevant to a single parameter of interest or concern, rather than
   containing a number of metrics which attempt to provide full coverage
   of all those parameters of concern to a specific application.
   Applications may then "mix and match" to create a set of blocks which
   covers their set of concerns.  Where possible, a specific block
   should be designed to be re-usable across more than one application,
   for example, for all of voice, streaming audio and video.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-20

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-20

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/