Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-22.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 20:49:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Guidelines for Use of the RTP Monitoring Framework
	Author(s)       : Qin Wu
                          Geoff Hunt
                          Philip Arden
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-22.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-09-24

Abstract:
   This memo proposes an extensible Real-Time Protocol (RTP) monitoring
   framework for extending RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) with a new RTCP
   Extended Reports (XR) block type to report new metrics regarding
   media transmission or reception quality.  In this framework, a new XR
   block should contain a single metric or a small number of metrics
   relevant to a single parameter of interest or concern, rather than
   containing a number of metrics which attempt to provide full coverage
   of all those parameters of concern to a specific application.
   Applications may then "mix and match" to create a set of blocks which
   covers their set of concerns.  Where possible, a specific block
   should be designed to be re-usable across more than one application,
   for example, for all of voice, streaming audio and video.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-22

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-22

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:20:02 +0200

ADs, WG,

With the latest set of changes the IESG appears to all have cleared.
Which means this document will go forward. Based on that there has been
additional changes I would request that the AD's don't approve the
document for another week (until the 3rd of October)  to allow people to
react on the latest changes.

A document diff comparing the version we requested IESG review again on
and the latest can be found here:

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-17&difftype=--html&submit=Go!&url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-22

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

On 2012-09-25 05:49, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
> 
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------