Subject: [AVTCORE] Deadline extension| MMEDIA 2013 || April 22 - 26, 2013 - Venice, Italy

From: Cristina Pascual<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 16:10:43 +0100

INVITATION:

=================

Please consider to contribute to and/or forward to the appropriate groups the 
following opportunity to submit and publish original scientific results to MMEDIA 
2013.

The submission deadline is December 8, 2012.

Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended article versions to 
one of the IARIA Journals: http://www.iariajournals.org

=================

============== MMEDIA 2013 | Call for Papers ===============

CALL FOR PAPERS, TUTORIALS, PANELS

MMEDIA 2013, The Fifth International Conferences on Advances in Multimedia

April 22 - 26, 2013 - Venice, Italy

General page: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2013/MMEDIA13.html

Call for Papers: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2013/CfPMMEDIA13.html

- regular papers

- short papers (work in progress)

- posters

Submission page: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2013/SubmitMMEDIA13.html

Submission deadline: December 8, 2012

Sponsored by IARIA, www.iaria.org

Extended versions of selected papers will be published in IARIA Journals:  
http://www.iariajournals.org

Print proceedings will be available via Curran Associates, Inc.: 
http://www.proceedings.com/9769.html

Articles will be archived in the free access ThinkMind Digital Library: 
http://www.thinkmind.org

Please note the Poster and Work in Progress options.

The topics suggested by the conference can be discussed in term of concepts, state 
of the art, research, standards, implementations, running experiments, 
applications, and industrial case studies. Authors are invited to submit complete 
unpublished papers, which are not under review in any other conference or journal 
in the following, but not limited to, topic areas.
All tracks are open to both research and industry contributions, in terms of 
Regular papers, Posters, Work in progress, Technical/marketing/business 
presentations, Demos, Tutorials, and Panels.

Before submission, please check and conform with the Editorial rules: 
http://www.iaria.org/editorialrules.html

MMEDIA 2013 Topics (topics and submission details: see CfP on the site)

Fundamentals in multimedia

   Multimedia systems, architecture, and applications; New multimedia platforms; 
Multimedia architectural specification languages; Theoretical aspects and 
algorithms for multimedia; Multimedia content delivery networks; Network support 
for multimedia data; Multimedia data storage; Multimedia meta-modeling techniques 
and operating systems; Multimedia signal coding and processing (audio, video, 
image); Multimedia applications (telepresence, triple-play, quadruple-play, ?); 
Multimedia tools (authoring, analyzing, editing, browsing, ?); Computational 
multimedia intelligence (fuzzy logic, neural networks, genetic algorithms, ?); 
Intelligent agents for multimedia content creation, distribution, and analysis; 
Multimedia networking; Wired and wireless multimedia systems; Distributed 
multimedia systems; Multisensor data integration and fusion; Multimedia and P2P; 
Multimedia standards

Multimedia content and modeling

   Interfaces for multimedia creation; Multimedia streaming and services; Image 
modeling and editing; Audio modeling and transformation; Video modeling and 
transformation; Image recognition; Multimedia databases; Multimedia coding and 
encryption; Multimedia modeling for learning content; Multimedia description 
languages; Image clustering; Media fusion for communication and presentation

Self-organizing multimedia architectures

   Self-organization in multimedia systems; Self-organization in multimedia 
communities; Self-organized multimedia networks; Multimedia content distribution 
and consumption; Adaptive multimedia interfaces; Multimedia retrieval

Multimedia content-based retrieval and analysis

   Multimodal data analysis; Multimedia databases; Semi-automatic and automatic 
methods for multimedia annotation; Image/video/audio databases; Content-based image 
retrieval; Semantics-based search and integration of multimedia and digital 
content; Multimedia data modeling, indexing, and mining; Statistical modeling of 
multimedia data; Multimedia extraction and annotation; Content 
search/browsing/retrieval; Internet imaging and multimedia; Multimodal content 
analysis; Multimedia abstraction and summarization; Semantic analysis of multimedia 
data; Media assimilation and fusion

Perception and cognition for multimedia users

   Quality of experience; Relevance feedback; Human-computer interaction; 
Multimodal interaction; Multimodal user interfaces; Mobile user-centered 
interfaces; Peer-to-peer multimedia systems and streaming; Pervasive and 
interactive multimedia systems (digital TV, mobile systems, gaming,?); Multimedia 
in personal, sensor and ad-hoc networks; Visualization and virtual reality; 
Intelligent browsing and visualization; Perception and cognition; Perception and 
modeling of the environment; Multimedia collaboration; Social networking
Multimedia ontology

   Multimedia semantics; Emergent semantics; Media ontology learning; Ontology for 
media web mining; Multimedia ontologies; Multimedia information management; 
Approaches using metadata standards; Conceptual clustering; Modeling and 
recognition of visual objects and actions
Mobile and ubiquitous multimedia

   Architectures, protocols, and algorithms for multimedia mobility; Middleware and 
distributed computing support for mobile and ubiquitous multimedia; Mobile and 
ubiquitous multimedia in intelligent transportation systems; Enabling platforms for 
mobile multimedia; Roaming and limited bandwidth; Intermittent connectivity; 
Streaming mobile multimedia; Mobile multimedia software architectures; Mobile 
multimedia applications and services; Communication and cooperation via mobile 
multimedia; Business models for mobile multimedia; Provisioning of mobile 
multimedia services; Context-aware mobile and ubiquitous multimedia; Mobile 
computer graphics, games and entertainment; Mobile and ubiquitous multimedia in ad 
hoc networks; Personalization, privacy and security in mobile multimedia; Social 
and regulatory aspects of mobile multimedia; Multimedia in the Extended Home; 
Ubiquitous/Seamless content sharing

Multimedia services

   Reliability, availability, serviceability of multimedia services; Multimedia 
content distribution services; Real-time multimedia services; Audio-visual 
multimedia services; Multimedia signal processing and communications; Media 
representation and algorithms; Audio, image, video processing, coding and 
compression; Multimedia database, content delivery and transport; Multimedia 
service protocols; Mobility of multimedia services; Internet telephony and 
hypermedia technologies and systems; Media enabled eCommerce service; Case studies, 
field trials and evaluation of new multimedia services

Multimedia applications

   Real-time interactive multimedia applications Adaptive and context-aware 
multimedia applications; Ambiance multimedia applications; Media applications on 
mobile devices; Multi-modal interaction; Virtual environments; Personalization; 
Collaboration, contextual metadata, collaborative tagging; Web applications; 
Multimedia authoring; Multimedia-enabled new applications (eLearning, 
entertainment,?..); Cooperative networks and applications; Mobile multimedia 
applications & services; Semantic metadata for mobile applications; Semantics 
enabled multimedia applications; Semantics enabled networks and middleware for 
multimedia applications; Wireless ad-hoc and sensor networks/RFID applications 
Industrial use-cases and applications
Multimedia security and content protection

   Multimedia security (watermark, encryption,? ); Mobile multimedia systems and 
services; Security, privacy, and cryptographic protocols; Network security issues 
and protocols; Key management and authentication; Authentication and access 
control; Intrusion detection and prevention; Content protection and digital rights 
management; Trusted computing; Information hiding; Protection of user-generated 
content

Multimedia control and management

   Wireless and mobile multimedia network management; Multimedia measurement, 
control, and management; Content management and delivery; IP multimedia system 
operations and management; Managing the quality of experience and quality of 
service; Measuring the quality of performance in multimedia systems; Mobile 
multimedia network traffic engineering and optimization; Monitoring and managing 
mobile multimedia; Resource reservation for multimedia services; Multicast and 
broadcast multimedia service management; Management of service oriented 
architectures; Pricing, accounting and billing for multimedia services

---------------------------
Committee: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2013/ComMMEDIA13.html
================================================