Subject: [AVTCORE] Last Mile | ICDT 2013 || April 22 - 26, 2013 - Venice, Italy

From: Cristina Pascual<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 10:26:22 +0100

INVITATION:

=================

Please consider to contribute to and/or forward to the appropriate groups the following opportunity to 
submit and publish original scientific results to ICDT 2013.

The submission deadline is December 15, 2012.

Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended article versions to one of the IARIA Journals: 
http://www.iariajournals.org

=================

============== ICDT 2013 | Call for Papers ===============

CALL FOR PAPERS, TUTORIALS, PANELS

ICDT 2013, The Eighth International Conference on Digital Telecommunications

April 22 - 26, 2013 - Venice, Italy

General page: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2013/ICDT13.html

Call for Papers: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2013/CfPICDT13.html

- regular papers

- short papers (work in progress)

- posters

Submission page: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2013/SubmitICDT13.html

Submission deadline: December 15, 2012

Sponsored by IARIA, www.iaria.org

Extended versions of selected papers will be published in IARIA Journals:  http://www.iariajournals.org

Print proceedings will be available via Curran Associates, Inc.: http://www.proceedings.com/9769.html

Articles will be archived in the free access ThinkMind Digital Library: http://www.thinkmind.org

Please note the Poster and Work in Progress options.

The topics suggested by the conference can be discussed in term of concepts, state of the art, research, 
standards, implementations, running experiments, applications, and industrial case studies. Authors are 
invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are not under review in any other conference or journal 
in the following, but not limited to, topic areas.
All tracks are open to both research and industry contributions, in terms of Regular papers, Posters, Work 
in progress, Technical/marketing/business presentations, Demos, Tutorials, and Panels.

Before submission, please check and conform with the Editorial rules: 
http://www.iaria.org/editorialrules.html

ICDT 2013 Topics (topics and submission details: see CfP on the site)

SIGNAL: Signal processing in telecommunications

   Signal processing theory and practice; Image and multidimensional signal processing; Signal filter design 
and structures; Multirate filtering, filter banks, and adaptive filters; Fast signal processing algorithms; 
Nonlinear signals and systems; Nonuniform transformation; 2D nonuniform DFT; Fast algorithm of NDFT; 
Advanced image/video coding; Advanced prediction techniques; Signal detection and reconstruction; Spectral 
estimation and time-frequency analysis; Higher order spectrum analysis; Parameter estimation; Array signal 
processing; Statistical signal analysis; Signal and system modeling; Cyclostationary signal analysis; Active 
noise control, active noise reduction and echo cancellation; Psychoacoustics and room acoustics; Signal 
processing for music; Binaural systems and multidimensional signal systems; Geophysical and seismic signal 
processing; Nonlinear interpolation/resampling; Extensions to wavelet based coding (x-lets); Low complexity 
image/video compression; Multiple resolution signal processing; New approach to digital signal processing; 
Compression of random data; Recompression of compressed data; 2D projection of 3D data; Stereo data 
matching; Emerging applications requiring new compression tools; Unified compression and recognition; H.264 
and latest video coding standards; Latest audio coding standards
DATA: Data processing

   Data transmission and reception mechanisms and techniques; Enhanced tools for video data integrity; Data 
mining, filtering, and reporting; Secure data transmission; Transmission media and data encoding; Text 
reading devices (super-pen, pen-elite, reading-pen); Scanned and generated lossy (progressive) multi-page 
text; (Visually) lossless mechanisms; Pricing data transmission; Differential data transmission systems; 
Data transmission equipments and transmission rates; Delay-constrained data transmission; Undersea and 
satellite data transmission techniques; Performance evaluation of data transmission; Multicast data 
transmission; High speed data transmission; Data transmission control; Integrity and privacy in data 
transmission; Data transmission standards
AUDIO: Audio transmission and reception systems

   Audio transmission and reception systems and devices; Digital audio transmission signal processing; Audio 
transmission over Internet; Audio Multiplexing Transmission Systems; Stereo audio transmission signal; 
Digital infrared audio transmission; Multi-stream and multi-path audio transmission; Wireless-compressed 
digital audio transmission; Perceptual coding for audio transmission and storage; Laser audio transmission; 
Synchronizing video and audio transmission; Wide-band audio transmission; Index-frame audio transmission; 
Digital audio transmission rights; Noise in wireless audio transmission; Audio tools and products; Standards
VOICE: Voice over packet networks

   Planning and implementing voice networks and systems; Voice transmission systems; Voice transmission 
performance; Quality real-time voice transmission; Metrics for quality of voice transmission; Stereophonic 
voice transmission systems; Header Compression for VoIP over WLAN; Voice over IP solution for mobile radio 
interoperability; VoIP over cable TV networks; VoIP over Wi-Max

VIDEO: Video, conferencing, telephony

   Digital video; Video coding formats (ITU-T, SMPTE 421M, AVS-China); Video coders and decoders; Profiles, 
latency, intermediate formats; Video surveillance and privacy; Video feature requirements; Network video 
recorders; Graceful degradation of archive video; Video data integrity (error detection, tamper resistance); 
Alarm events for voice content (motion detection, object tracking, face recognitions); Coding efficiency and 
distributed video coding; Compression and scrambling; Enhanced tools for video data integrity; Multiple 
reference pictures; Intra-layer and inter-layer prediction; Fading prediction and loop filter; Video with 
compression errors; Viewing distance and perceptual quality; Video quality models; Omnidirectional video; 3D 
video; Video standardization encoding; Texture synthesizer

IMAGE: Image producing, sending, and mining

   Model-based progressive image transmission; Wireless image transmission; Computer generated images; Image 
security, scrambling, and regions of interest; Timing requirements for image transmission; Transmission of 
still and moving images; Protocols for low bit rate; Error-prone image transmission; Energy efficient image 
transmission; Multi-technology image formation; Devices for image capturing and processing (cams, web-cams, 
etc.); Scanning and sampling, quantization and halftoning, color reproduction; Image representation and 
rendering, display and printing systems; Image quality assessment; Image search and sorting, video indexing 
and editing; Integration of images and video with other media; Image authentication and watermarking; Image 
storage, retrieval and multimedia; Image and video databases; Generic coding of moving pictures; Media 
stream packetization; Modes for archival playback; Image-based applications; Standard for image processing; 
Image analysis and segmentation; Image filtering, restoration and enhancement; Image representation and 
modeling; Pattern recognition
SPEECH: Speech producing and processing

   Tooling, Architectures, Components and Standards; Voice modulation, frequencies; Linguistics, Phonology 
and Phonetics; Discourse and Dialogue; Speech analysis, synthesis, coding, and recognition; Speech 
enhancement and noise reduction; Speech features, production, and perception; Speech Coding and 
Transmission; Speech Signal Processing; Spoken Language Generation and Synthesis; Speech QoS Enhancement; 
Speaker Characterization and Recognition; Spoken Language; Resources and Annotation; Spoken/Multi-modal 
Dialogue Technology and Systems; Spoken Language Information Extraction/Retrieval; Speech Transmission 
Technology for the Aged and Disabled; Audio-Visual Speech Processing; Biomedical Applications of Speech 
Analysis; Spoken document retrieval; Speech Processing in a Packet; Network Environment; Automatic Speech 
Recognition in the Context of Mobile Communications; Human Factors in Speech and Communication Systems; 
Automatic speech recognition and understanding technology; Speech to text systems; Spoken dialog systems; 
Multilingual language processing; New Applications of Spoken Language Technology and Systems
IPTV: IP/Mobile TV

   IPTV applications and middleware; On-demand television; Interactive TV; Broadcast TV data; Broadcast 
content formats; Stereo and 3D TV; TVoDSL; Television archiving; IPTV broadcasting; IPTV-aware devices; IPTV 
regulatory issues and copyrights; IPTV network infrastructure; IPTV monitoring and management; I[P]TV usage 
fees; IPTV Personalization and QoS Implications
MULTI: Multicast/Broadcast Triple-Quadruple-play

   Scalable video/audio coding; Multiplexing video/audio/data; Multimedia terminals; Multimedia systems and 
protocols; PSTN modems and interfaces; Facsimile terminals; Direct broadcast satellite; Terrestrial 
broadcast television; Cable modems; Universal media access; Format compatibility; Media support platforms; 
VoIP Quality for Triple Play; Testing triple-play services; Triple-play data encryption; Triple-play 
services
CONTENT: Production, distribution

   Content injection, cashing, storage, and distribution; Producing and transmitting streaming content; 
Content localization services; Content and customers profiles; Documenting and content authoring; 
Authorizing topic-based content; Content customization and metadata; On-demand content; Content retrieval 
from archives (alarm-based, time stamp-based); Content management solutions and systems; Unstructured 
content environment; Multi-channel content delivery/publishing strategies; Content reuse
HXSIP: H-series towards SIP

   SIP and H-xxx architectures and logical components; Instant messages and presence; Management of QoS in 
SIP and H-xxx environments; Basic SIP building blocks; Security and firewalls with SIP and H-xxx series; 
Service creation and telephony services with SIP and H-xxx; Multimedia conferencing with SIP and H-xxx; SIP 
application scenarios; SIP (auto)configuration; SIP and H-xxx beyond VoIP; Leveraging SIP for Global 
Enterprise Roaming; SIP, H-xxx and 3GPP; Emergency Calling in SIP and H-xxx; Advanced SIP and H-xxx 
applications and services; SIP and H-xxx on Cable Networks; SIP and H-xxx devices; SIP and h-xxx deployment 
experience; End-to-end SIP and H-xxx communications; SIP/H.323 Interworking Function for real time 
communications

MULTE: Multimedia Telecommunications

   Frameworks, architectures, systems for delivering voices, audio, and data; Methodologies, technologies, 
procedures and mechanisms; IMT-2000 concepts; IMS concepts (IP Multimedia Systems); Bluetooth and WLAN 
coexistence on handsets; Packet-based multimedia communication systems; Converging technology for voice and 
data networks; Accessibility features for unpaired users; Confidentiality for audiovisual services; 
Multimedia transmission performance; Multiplexing and synchronization; Directory services for multimedia; 
Computation complexity and costs (multiple simultaneous decoders); Coding efficiency (embedded, bit-plane, 
arithmetic); Compatibility between Analog/DVD and networks; IP4/IP6 transition and NAT; QoS/SLA, perceptual 
QoS, and formal visual tests; Temporal and spatial scalability; Pre-processing and predictive coding; Coding 
with regions-of-interest; Secure transcoding; Computation power and resolution; Transform and quantization; 
Entropy coding; Lossless and lossy compression; Transmission in noisy environments; Voice/video/data in 4G; 
Specialized medical applications; Medical imaging and communications networks; MPEG for endoscopy, 
microscopy, radiology, surgery; Medical archiving systems; Digital devices for image capturing (microscope, 
stethoscope); Digital equipments and digital cinema; Digital signature protection
MOBILE: Mobile technologies

   3G+: UMTS, HSPA, HSUPA, HSDPA, HSOPA, WiMAX, UWB. LTE, All-IP LTE 4G and beyond; Seamless handover 
engineering; Cognitive radio; Mobile video surveillance; Pervasive/ubiquitous/mobile systems; Security and 
privacy issues for mobile and wireless systems; Mobile ad hoc networks

MEDMAN: Control and management of multimedia telecommunication

   Video codec-aware of packets; Monitoring via guard on patrol, central station, forensic analysis; 
Managing single domestic licensing and granted patent pool for compressions; End-to-end quality 
monitoring/management; Perceived/offered quality: video-only, audio-only, audio-video; In-service monitoring 
of voice/video/data services; Real-time distributed imagery management systems; Performance in 
voice/video/data systems; Distributed multimedia service management; Mobile multimedia network management; 
Multi-point, multicast services management; Deployment of multimedia services; Network management models and 
architectures; Billing and security for multimedia services; Network measurement/monitoring for multimedia 
services

SARP: Software architecture research and practice

   Distributed software architecture; Architectural styles and patterns; Architecture refinement and 
transformation; Software architecture and pervasive systems; Software architecture analysis & testing; 
Architectural description languages (ADLs); Component-based software architecture; Dynamic software 
architecture; Self-repairing software architecture; Adaptive software architecture; Aspect-oriented software 
architecture; Service-oriented architecture [SOA]; Domain specific software architecture [DSSA]; 
Tools/Environments for software architects; Product-line software architecture; Industrial case studies and 
reports

STREAM: Data stream processing

   Fundamentals on data stream processing; Data stream processing and event stream processing; Continuous 
query languages; Time management in data stream systems; Aggregated queries support; Query processing with 
multiple, continuous, rapid, time-varying data streams; Processing frequent itemset discovery queries; 
Real-time stream data processing; Network-aware operator placement for stream-processing systems; 
Integrating database queries and Web searches; Scalable Distributed Stream Processing; Optimization of data 
stream processing; Performance and overhead in data stream processing; QoS adaptation in data stream 
systems; Adaptive query processing in data stream; Interactive distributed data stream processing and 
mining; Data stream management systems; Control theory on stream processing; Processing high-speed data 
streams; Stream processing in production-to-business software; Multi-site cooperative data stream analysis; 
Grid-based data stream processing; Hyperdatabases for P2P data stream processing; Sensor data stream 
processing in health monitoring; Processing and sharing data streams in Grid-based P2P infrastructures

TRACK: Tracking computing technologies

   Airport security communications technologies; Hazards detection- automatic real-time material/object 
recognition; Intelligent IP-based sensor networking for homeland security; Real-time intelligence data 
validation and verification mechanisms; Efficient data integration and mining techniques for NATO countries; 
Secure distributed storage and data pinning; SATCOM for HLS; Critical aerospace communications systems; HLS 
for air, land and sea operational environments; Airborne real-time spatial tracking techniques; Bio-
authentication sensors and tools; Cyber and physical security of key infrastructure and operations; 
Protection of Real-time resilient communications network infrastructures; International standards for data 
schema and data sharing between USA and other countries; Emergency response tools; Prediction of Intent; 
Standards for Passenger Data Integration; Sharing Addressing and Service Discovery in Auto-configuring 
MANETs; Exploiting localization and network information (GPS, INS, GIS, terrain features, ToA, AoA, SNR, 
QoS) for improved ad-hoc networking in complex terrain; Advanced indoor and outdoor location-based 
applications: real-time tracking, multimedia, bidirectional, proactive applications; Location based services 
based on integrated cellular, ad hoc, RFID, and sensor networks; New positioning techniques in support of 
location based servcies  (indoor, cellular, satellite, hybrid); Geographic Information Systems for 
supporting location based services; Quality of location data; Integration of Hierarchical Location-Based 
Routing (HLBR) with Delay- and Disruption-Tolerant Neworks (DTNs); Narrow-band control channels for HLBR; 
Location-aware (GPS-aware) Internet Browsers for Location-based services

--------------------------
Committee: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2013/ComICDT13.html
================================================