Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:11:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP and Leap Seconds
	Author(s)       : Kevin Gross
                          Ray van Brandenburg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-02-19

Abstract:
   This document discusses issues that arise when RTP sessions span
   Universal Coordinate Time (UTC) leap seconds.  It updates RFC 3550 to
   describe how RTP senders and receivers should behave in the presence
   of leap seconds.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kevin Gross <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:04:10 -0700

This new version addresses comments from Magnus, discussion at IETF85 and
other improvements. Specifically:

   1. Indicate that this updates RFC 3550 in introduction
   2. Clarify that leap seconds are inserted at the end of the UTC day, not
   the local day
   3. Clarify nature of NTP clock freeze during leap second
   4. Add discussion of negative leap seconds
   5. Allow senders and receivers to assume, for the purpose of suspending
   and ignoring sender reports, that a leap second occurs at the end of every
   month
   6. Suggest senders send receiver reports in place of suspended sender
   reports to avoid RTCP timeouts
   7. Populate Security Considerations section with discussion of
   wall-clock and leap-second schedule manipulation
   8. Separate normative and informative references

Kevin Gross
+1-303-447-0517
Media Network Consultant
AVA Networks - www.AVAnw.com <http://www.avanw.com/>, www.X192.org

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 4:11 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
>