Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second-02

From: "Art Allison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 09:38:41 -0500

Correct, and the use of the abbreviation UTC is indeed correct. This is
a classic standards compromise as unanimous agreement could not be
achieved by the ITU on using either the English word order, CUT, or the
French word order, TUC, so the compromise to use neither was reached.

Art Allison 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
John Fletcher
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:27 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second-02

I reviewed draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second-02 and have the following
minor comments:

Abstract - "Coordinated Universal Time" rather than "Universal
Coordinate Time"

Sections 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 - I suggest referring explicitly to "positive
leap second" rather than just "leap second"

References - The current version of ITU Rec. TF.460 is TF.460-6 (02/02)

Regards,
John Fletcher
--

-----------------------------
http://www.bbc.co.uk
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain
personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically
stated.
If you have received it in
error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the
information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender
immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.
-----------------------------
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt