Subject: [AVTCORE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-5761-update-01.txt> (Updates to RFC 5761) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 21:07:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document:
- 'Updates to RFC 5761'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-5761-update-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-09-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC 5761 by clarifying the SDP offer/answer
   negotiation of RTP and RTCP multiplexing.  It makes it clear that an
   answerer can only include an "a=rtcp-mux" attribute in an SDP answer
   if the associated SDP offer contained the attribute.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-5761-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-5761-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.