Subject: [AVTCORE] draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines references

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 09:41:31 -0500

Hi,

In today's discussion of draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines and 
what references this document, I have included the sentences which 
references it below.

They are all of the type: For more information on this topic see this doc.

So this is part of the considerations if we can drop the milestone.

draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-media-rtp-session:

Section 4:

       Further
       guidance on how to provide differential treatment for some media
       is given in [I-D.ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines] and [RFC7657].

Section 5.3:

    For additional arguments why RTP
    payload type based multiplexing of multiple media sources doesn't
    work, see [I-D.ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines].

draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast:

Section 8:

    RTP multiplexing alternatives can be found in
    Guidelines for Multiplexing in RTP
    [I-D.ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines].  Discussion and
    clarification on how to handle multiple streams in an RTP session can
    be found in [RFC8108].

draft-ietf-payload-rtp-howto:
Section 3.3:

    For more discussion and consideration of how and when to use the
    different RTP multiplexing points see
    [I-D.ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines].

The above I have proposed to remove in AUTH48.

draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage:

Section 4.4:

    Further discussion about the suitability of different RTP session
    structures and multiplexing methods to different scenarios can be
    found in [I-D.ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines].

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Technologies, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 18:22:34 +0100

Magnus,

For both draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-media-rtp-session and draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage, I see be problem removing the reference to multiplexing guidelines in AUTH48.

Colin

> On 28 Mar 2017, at 15:41, Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> In today's discussion of draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines and what references this document, I have included the sentences which references it below.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

-- 
Colin Perkins
https://csperkins.org/

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 18:28:08 +0100

> On 29 Mar 2017, at 18:22, Colin Perkins <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Magnus,
> 
> For both draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-media-rtp-session and draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage, I see be problem removing the reference to multiplexing guidelines in
“no problem”
> AUTH48.

-- 
Colin Perkins
https://csperkins.org/

---

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 18:11:33 +0000

Hi Magnus,
I think we resolved the issue by having me as an editor to progress the guidelines draft
Roni

> -----Original Message-----
> From: avt [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Magnus Westerlund
> Sent: יום ג 28 מרץ 2017 09:42
> To: IETF AVTCore WG
> Subject: [AVTCORE] draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines references
> 
> Hi,
> 
> In today's discussion of draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines and what
> references this document, I have included the sentences which references it
> below.
>