Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 04:47:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Guidelines for using the Multiplexing Features of RTP to Support Multiple Media Streams
        Authors         : Magnus Westerlund
                          Bo Burman
                          Colin Perkins
                          Harald Tveit Alvestrand
                          Roni Even
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines-08.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2018-12-14

Abstract:
   The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is a flexible protocol that
   can be used in a wide range of applications, networks, and system
   topologies.  That flexibility makes for wide applicability, but can
   complicate the application design process.  One particular design
   question that has received much attention is how to support multiple
   media streams in RTP.  This memo discusses the available options and
   design trade-offs, and provides guidelines on how to use the
   multiplexing features of RTP to support multiple media streams.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 14:23:15 +0000

WG,

New version with some additional improvements. Definitions of RTP
receiver and sender, intended to align with RFC3550 usage. We also
aligned the changes even more to get less new words. Plus some
editorials. I think this is ready for WG last call after New Year.

Cheers

Magnus

On 2018-12-14 13:48, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
>

-- 

Magnus Westerlund 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Architecture & Protocols, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------