Subject: [AVTCORE] ACM BuildSys 2019 - Nov. 13-14 - New York City - Call for Papers/Posters/Demos/PhD Colloquium Reminder

From: Mostafa Mirshekari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 08:50:21 -0700

Dear Colleagues,

Just a couple of reminders about the ACM International Conference on
Systems for Energy-Efficient Built Environments, Cities, and Transportation
(ACM BuildSys). The conference will be held Nov. 13-14 in New York City,
NY, USA.

General Reminders

-        Buildsys is ranked A by the Core conference ranking system.

-        This year, a subset of the best papers in the ACM Buildsys
proceedings will be fast tracked to the ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks
with minor revisions, upon author’s agreement.

Call for Papers Reminders

-        Other than the Regular papers (10 pages) and Notes papers (4
pages), this year we will also have abstract only papers (2 pages), where
the presentation will include a very short oral and an optional poster
presentation.

BuildSys 2019 Call for Papers: http://buildsys.acm.org/2019/cfp.html
<http://trackmyemails.org/1c92e995d1f999d35dde2f1bac182f67/ea46693aa0d402476a99f84def229056/4a085d30c51dc7f053a47499245dc251.html>

Paper Submission Important Dates

Abstract Registration: June 15, 2019, AOE

Paper Submission: June 22, 2019, AOE. (No further extension will be granted)

Paper Notification: August 1st, 2019, AOE

Submission site: TBD

Call for Posters/Demos Reminders

-        BuildSys 2019 welcomes exciting demonstrations of novel
technologies, applications, and hardware for the built environment as well
as posters showing promising early work.

-        We seek participation from both industry and academia for
demonstrations and posters.

-        Selection of demonstration and posters will be based on a short
abstract, evaluated based on technical merit and innovation as well as the
potential to stimulate interesting discussions and exchange of ideas at the
conference.

-        Accepted abstracts will appear in the regular conference
proceedings.

-        At least one author of every accepted demonstration or poster
abstract is required to register and attend the conference.

BuildSys 2019 Call for Posters/Demos:
http://buildsys.acm.org/2019/posters.html
<http://trackmyemails.org/1c92e995d1f999d35dde2f1bac182f67/ea46693aa0d402476a99f84def229056/ca29f8d4ad05f527d07d43b8c0325c23.html>

Poster/Demo Important Dates

Submission Deadline: August 10, 2019, 11:59:59pm AOE

Notification of acceptance: August 19, 2019, 11:59:59pm AOE

Camera-ready abstract: September 6, 2019, 11:59:59pm AOE

Submission site: TBD

Call for Doctoral Colloquium (PhD Forum) Reminders

-        The Doctoral Colloquium of BuildSys 2019 seeks to provide a
friendly, supportive, and constructive environment where PhD students can
present their research in progress for an open discussion guided by a panel
of experienced researchers.

-        Students with the most inspiring topics will also be invited to
present a poster during the main conference to leverage further interaction
with BuildSys attendees.

-        Current PhD students in the early stages of their career are
encouraged to submit a 2-page research summary describing the work in
progress and including a 100-word abstract.

-        The student should be the sole author, although contributions of
the advisor and others should be acknowledged.

-        There will be no separate registration fee for the Doctoral
Colloquium.

BuildSys 2019 Call for Doctoral Colloquium:
http://buildsys.acm.org/2019/doctoral.html
<http://trackmyemails.org/1c92e995d1f999d35dde2f1bac182f67/ea46693aa0d402476a99f84def229056/afc7abd011262bbcebbfc8f008c88ddf.html>

Doctoral Colloquium Important Dates

Submission Deadline: August 10, 2019, 11:59:59pm AOE

Notification of acceptance: August 19, 2019, 11:59:59pm AOE

Camera-ready abstract: September 6, 2019, 11:59:59pm AOE

Submission site: TBD

---------------------

Regards,

Mostafa Mirshekari and Clayton Miller

BuildSys 2019 Publicity Chairs