Subject: [AVTCORE] New Version : draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source-03.txt

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 23:24:15 +0200

A new version has been submitted of 
draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source

Summary of changes:

New title to better match contents: RTP-mixer formatting of multi-party 
Real-time text

New company and e-mail of the author

Checked and modified RFC 2119 - wording

Enhanced section on mixing for multi-party-unaware endpoints to be a 
complete specification.

A paragraph recommending characters per second CPS=150 inserted in the 
performance section.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments are welcome,

Regards
Gunnar Hellström
[email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A new version of I-D, draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Gunnar Hellstrom and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source
Revision: 03
Title: RTP-mixer formatting of multi-party Real-time text
Document date: 2020-04-09
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 24
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source-03.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source-03
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source-03

Abstract:
Real-time text mixers for multi-party sessions need to identify the
source of each transmitted group of text so that the text can be
presented by endpoints in suitable grouping with other text from the
same source.

Regional regulatory requirements specify provision of real-time text
in multi-party calls. RFC 4103 mixer implementations can use
traditional RTP functions for source identification, but the mixer
source switching performance is limited when using the default
transmission with redundancy.

An enhancement for RFC 4103 real-time text mixing is provided in the
present specification, suitable for a centralized conference model
that enables source identification and efficient source switching.
The intended use is for real-time text mixers and multi-party-aware
participant endpoints. The mechanism builds on use of the CSRC list
in the RTP packet.

A capability exchange is specified so that it can be verified that a
participant can handle the multi-party coded real-time text stream.
The capability is indicated by an sdp media attribute "rtt-mix".

A brief description about how a mixer can format text for the case
when the endpoint is not multi-party aware is also provided.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat