Subject: [AVTCORE] Document Action: 'Guidelines for using the Multiplexing Features of RTP to Support Multiple Media Streams' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 08:09:40 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Guidelines for using the Multiplexing Features of RTP to Support
   Multiple Media Streams'
  (draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines-12.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Murray Kucherawy and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines/

Technical Summary
This document discusses the available options and design trade-offs, and provides
guidelines on how to use the multiplexing features to support multiple media
streams in RTP.

Working Group Summary
The WG is happy with the current version, with no technical issues outstanding.

Document Quality
The document is well written and easy to read. Many implementations use RTP
multiplexing, e.g., WebRTC and Telepresence. This will be a very useful document
to the industry.

Personnel
Document Shepherd: Jonathan Lennox
Responsible AD: Barry Leiba