Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 14:18:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP-mixer formatting of multi-party Real-time text
        Author          : Gunnar Hellstrom
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-06.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2020-06-11

Abstract:
   Real-time text mixers for multi-party sessions need to identify the
   source of each transmitted group of text so that the text can be
   presented by endpoints in suitable grouping with other text from the
   same source.

   Regional regulatory requirements specify provision of real-time text
   in multi-party calls.  RFC 4103 mixer implementations can use
   traditional RTP functions for source identification, but the mixer
   source switching performance is limited when using the default
   transmission with redundancy.

   An enhancement for RFC 4103 real-time text mixing is provided in this
   document, suitable for a centralized conference model that enables
   source identification and efficient source switching.  The intended
   use is for real-time text mixers and multi-party-aware participant
   endpoints.  The mechanism builds on use of the CSRC list in the RTP
   packet and an extended packet format "text/rex".

   A capability exchange is specified so that it can be verified that a
   participant can handle the multi-party coded real-time text stream.
   The capability is indicated by the media subtype "text/rex".

   The document updates RFC 4102[RFC4102] and RFC 4103[RFC4103]

   A brief description about how a mixer can format text for the case
   when the endpoint is not multi-party aware is also provided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 23:36:20 +0200

A new version -06 of the rtt multi-party mixing draft is available.

The sections about media subtype registration and mapping of media 
subtype parameters to sdp are improved.

I have mentioned a question on alternative codings and I would like to 
have a discussion on these alternatives.
1) replace the PT in the data headers with a sequence number per source 
for improved handling of loss.
2)Use RFC 5109 general FEC format with RFC 2198 to get a format 
completely based on existing RFCs.

Assuming that we stay with the current format, I have no more issues, 
and would appreciate comments to progress the draft.

/Gunnar

Den 2020-06-11 kl. 23:18, skrev [email-masked]:
> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

-- 
Gunnar Hellström
GHAccess
[email-masked]