Subject: [AVTCORE] SDP attribute for negotiation of Cryptex

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 15:30:19 -0800

For Cryptex <https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex-00.html>,
we need to decide on a name for the SDP parameter that negotiates the
Cryptex mechanism (for encryption of the header extension block as well as
any CSRCs).

The originally suggested name was "a=extmap-encrypted", but Jonathan
rightly pointed out in https://github.com/juberti/cryptex/issues/20 that we
are not in fact encrypting the "extmap".

"a=encrypted-extensions" isn't quite right either, and
"a=encrypted-extensions-and-csrcs" seems longish. Hence I lean towards the
simple "a=cryptex" attribute name.

Any other suggestions?

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 18:33:52 -0800

a=cryptex seems good. It is simple and to the point.

> On Jan 28, 2021, at 3:30 PM, Justin Uberti <juberti=[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> For Cryptex, we need to decide on a name for the SDP parameter that negotiates the Cryptex mechanism (for encryption of the header extension block as well as any CSRCs).
> 
> The originally suggested name was "a=extmap-encrypted", but Jonathan rightly pointed out in https://github.com/juberti/cryptex/issues/20 that we are not in fact encrypting the "extmap". 
> 
> "a=encrypted-extensions" isn't quite right either, and "a=encrypted-extensions-and-csrcs" seems longish. Hence I lean towards the simple "a=cryptex" attribute name.
> 
> Any other suggestions?
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt