Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 8888 on RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Feedback for Congestion Control

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 16:43:59 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8888

        Title:      RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Feedback 
                    for Congestion Control 
        Author:     Z. Sarker,
                    C. Perkins,
                    V. Singh,
                    M. Ramalho
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtcore-cc-feedback-message-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8888

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8888

An effective RTP congestion control algorithm requires more
fine-grained feedback on packet loss, timing, and Explicit Congestion
Notification (ECN) marks than is provided by the standard RTP Control
Protocol (RTCP) Sender Report (SR) and Receiver Report (RR) packets.
This document describes an RTCP feedback message intended to enable
congestion control for interactive real-time traffic using RTP. The
feedback message is designed for use with a sender-based congestion
control algorithm, in which the receiver of an RTP flow sends back to
the sender RTCP feedback packets containing the information the
sender needs to perform congestion control.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC