Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 8852 on RTP Stream Identifier Source Description (SDES)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:53:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8852

        Title:      RTP Stream Identifier Source Description (SDES) 
        Author:     A.B. Roach,
                    S. Nandakumar,
                    P. Thatcher
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtext-rid-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8852

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8852

This document defines and registers two new Real-time Transport
Control Protocol (RTCP) Stream Identifier Source Description (SDES)
items.  One, named RtpStreamId, is used for unique identification of
RTP streams.  The other, RepairedRtpStreamId, can be used to identify
which stream is to be repaired using a redundancy RTP stream.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC