Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 13:07:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP-mixer formatting of multiparty Real-time text
        Author          : Gunnar Hellstrom
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-17.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2021-05-07

Abstract:
   This document provides enhancements for RFC 4103 real-time text
   mixing suitable for a centralized conference model that enables
   source identification and rapidly interleaved transmission of text
   from different sources.  The intended use is for real-time text
   mixers and participant endpoints capable of providing an efficient
   presentation or other treatment of a multiparty real-time text
   session.  The specified mechanism builds on the standard use of the
   CSRC list in the RTP packet for source identification.  The method
   makes use of the same "text/t140" and "text/red" formats as for two-
   party sessions.

   Solutions using multiple RTP streams in the same RTP session are
   briefly mentioned, as they could have some benefits over the RTP-
   mixer model.  The possibility to implement the solution in a wide
   range of existing RTP implementations made the RTP-mixer model be
   selected to be fully specified in this document.

   A capability exchange is specified so that it can be verified that a
   mixer and a participant can handle the multiparty-coded real-time
   text stream using the RTP-mixer method.  The capability is indicated
   by use of an SDP media attribute "rtt-mixer".

   The document updates RFC 4103 "RTP Payload for Text Conversation".

   A specification of how a mixer can format text for the case when the
   endpoint is not multiparty-aware is also provided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-17.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-17

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/