Subject: [AVTCORE] Murray Kucherawy's Yes on draft-ietf-payload-vp9-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 08:08:32 -0700

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-payload-vp9-13: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-vp9/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a normative reference to a non-SDO document that was not specifically
identified during the IETF Last Call.  BCP 97 doesn't give specific guidance
about handling a document that was not produced by any SDO.

The IESG discussed this and chose to approve it without a second Last Call,
since in this case the reference appears to be in good shape and stable.  The
IESG will also take up an action item to amend BCP 97 to include guidance for
this pattern to ease handling of future cases.