Subject: [AVTCORE] Zaheduzzaman Sarker's Discuss on draft-ietf-payload-vp9-13: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 04:50:49 -0700

Zaheduzzaman Sarker has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-payload-vp9-13: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-vp9/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chroma Subsampling values it the table 3 of this memo does not matche with
the referenced section 7.2 of [VP9-BITSTREAM].

Profile 1 and Profile 3, have the same error on the entries of chrome
subsampling column of table 3 of this memo. Both has the entry of 4:2:0 instead
of the entry in section 7.2 of [VP9-BITSTREAM] which is 4:2:2

I would like to know if this is intentional and if yes why is that.  Otherwise
it might be an editorial mistake. However, putting a discuss to clarify it as
this will lead to anomaly and confusion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the effort behind this memo.

---

From: Jonathan Lennox <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 15:53:10 -0400

> On Jun 3, 2021, at 7:50 AM, Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

No, there was no intention that these be different.  I’ll fix this in the revised I-D.  Thanks for catching it!

---

From: Zaheduzzaman Sarker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 08:13:29 +0000

Thanks for the fix Jonathan!!

BR
Zahed