Subject: [AVTCORE] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-avtext-framemarking-13

From: Gyan Mishra via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2022 15:13:53 -0700

Reviewer: Gyan Mishra
Review result: Ready

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-avtext-framemarking-??
Reviewer: Gyan Mishra
Review Date: 2022-04-02
IETF LC End Date: 2022-04-08
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary:

This document describes a Frame Marking RTP header extension used to convey
information about video frames that is critical for error recovery and packet
forwarding in RTP middleboxes or network nodes.

Major issues:
None

Minor issues:
None

Nits/editorial comments:
The document is well written and ready for publication.   As this is an
experimental what is the scope and length for f the time for the experiment?
What is the goal after the experiment is concluded? This should be stated in
the draft.  I see there are IANA considerations and how does that change if any
for allocations once the experiment concludes and this draft progresses to an
IETF standard.