Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] Working Group Last Call on "RTP Payload Format for the SCIP Codec"

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 13:36:48 -0700

It has been brought to my attention that SCIP information on the www.iad.gov
site referenced in the WGLC announcement has not been updated since 2013
and therefore is potentially out of date.  This is why the site was not
referenced in draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-scip, but instead the draft references
the latest revisions to SCIP-210 (October 2017) and SCIP-214 (April 2014).
Those latest revisions are not available on the www.iad.gov site but the
draft indicates that they can be obtained by sending email to
[email-masked].

At IETF 113, Ted Hardie noted that requests sent to that email did not
receive a response.  The draft authors are following up.

*Latest SCIP references*

         [SCIP210]   SCIP-210, "SCIP Signaling Plan", Revision 3.10, 26
                     October 2017, request access via email
                     <[email-masked]>.

         [SCIP214]   SCIP-214.2, "Secure Communication Interoperability
                     Protocol (SCIP) over Real-time Transport Protocol
                     (RTP)", Revision 1.1, 18 April 2014, request access
                     via email <[email-masked]>.

===============================================

This is an announcement of Working Group Last Call (WGLC) on "RTP
Payload Format for the SCIP Codec".

The document is available for inspection
here:https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-scip

Information on SCIP is available
here:https://www.iad.gov/SecurePhone/documents.cfm?j6lj7MLH01PpRDBuMa66UU7GyePn0P6PlX0BM7n0j5A=

In response to the WGLC, please email one of the following responses to the
IETF AVTCORE WG mailing list ([email-masked]):

* I support publication of "RTP Payload Format for the SCIP Codec"
* I object to publication of "RTP Payload Format for the SCIP Codec" due to
the following issues (list of issues)

Working Group Last Call will last until midnight Pacific Time on May 8,
2022.

Bernard

For the Chairs