Subject: [babel] I-D Action: draft-ietf-babel-hmac-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 08:35:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Babel routing protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : HMAC authentication for the Babel routing protocol
        Authors         : Clara Do
                          Weronika Kolodziejak
                          Juliusz Chroboczek
	Filename        : draft-ietf-babel-hmac-08.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2019-07-07

Abstract:
   This document describes a cryptographic authentication mechanism for
   the Babel routing protocol that has provisions for replay avoidance.
   This document obsoletes RFC 7298.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-hmac/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-babel-hmac-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-babel-hmac-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-babel-hmac-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 17:43:55 +0200

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-babel-hmac-08.txt

This revision does not make any protocol changes, it merely clarifies the
time when a Neighbour Table entry may be created.  The change was
discussed on the list, please see the thread called "Minor clarification
to HMAC" starting on 28 June 2019.

I've added some discussion of that particular point to the Security
Considerations section, as requested by Markus Stenberg, and followed
Mahesh Jethanandani's suggestion to refer to TCP SYN flooding.

It is my opinion that this change does not warrant restarting Last Call.

-- Juliusz