Subject: [babel] Fwd: IETF 108 Online: Early Bird Registration Ends Today!

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 11:14:14 -0400

Hi,

Sorry to forward this a bit late. The upcoming IETF meeting will be
virtual (see https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/108/). Normally remote
participation in IETF meetings is free and the fees paid by those
attending provide substantial income to help cover the IETF's costs.
Thus, this time, there are fees for remote participation (although I
believe listening to the audio streaming will still be free). There is
a discount for one day participation and for students. If you plan to
participate and can afford to do so, you should register and pay. If
you cannot afford to do so, there is a waiver mechanism so you can
register without paying.

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 10:19 AM
Subject: IETF 108 Online: Early Bird Registration Ends Today!
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

IETF 108 Online
July 27-31, 2020
Hosted By: Ericsson

IETF 108 Information: https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/108/
Register online at: https://ietf.org/how/meetings/register/

1.  Registration
2.  Fee Waivers
3.  Hackathon

1. Registration: Early Bird Deadline

        The early bird deadline for registration is today, Friday, June 26th.
        Be sure to register and pay before the deadline passes!
        Register online at: https://registration.ietf.org/108/

        NOTE: Payment is required at the time of registration. The Early Bird
        registration fee is $230 USD until Friday, June 26th at UTC 23:59.
        After June 26th at UTC 23:59 the registration fee will be $280 USD until
        the next registration deadline on July 20th, at which time the
        registration fee will become $330 USD.

2.  Fee Waivers:

        The IETF provides fee waivers for the IETF 108 meeting to support those
        for whom the registration fee represents a barrier to participation.
        Please respect this and only request a fee waiver if that applies to
        you. If you need to request a fee waiver, you can do so at
        https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/108/108-registration-fee-waiver/.

3.  Hackathon:

        The IETF is holding a Hackathon to encourage
        developers to discuss, collaborate and develop utilities, ideas,
        sample code and solutions that show practical implementations of
        IETF standards.

        When: Monday, July 20 through July 24, 2020
        Signup for the Hackathon:
https://registration.ietf.org/108/new/hackathon/
        More information can be found here:
https://www.ietf.org/how/runningcode/hackathons/108-hackathon/
        Keep up to date by subscribing to:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon

        The Hackathon is free to attend and open to all. Extend
        the invitation to colleagues outside the IETF!

        Descriptions and information regarding the technologies
        for the hackathon are located on the IETF 108 Meeting Wiki:
        https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/108hackathon

        Don’t see anything that interests you? Feel free to add
        your preferred technology to the list, sign up as its
        Champion and show up to work on it. Note: you must login to
        the wiki to add content. If you do add a new technology, we
        strongly suggest that you send an email to [email-masked]
        to let others know. You may generate interest in your
        technology, and find other people who want to contribute to
        it.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 19:57:38 +0200

> believe listening to the audio streaming will still be free).

Could you please confirm the latter point?  If that's not the case, I'd
rather we didn't have a meeting.

Thanks,

-- Juliusz

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 14:23:29 -0400

> rather we didn't have a meeting.

My understanding is that the fee is for registering to participate via
meetecho to get video as well as audio. And there is a waiver program
if you can't afford the registration fee. I'll see if I can confirm
that audio monitoring is free but all the comments I remember seeing
on the IETF discussion list were pushing for it to be free.

Thanks,
Donald

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 19:11:26 -0400

This to confirm that listening to the audio for IETF-108 will be free. See
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/fdE4G8xJtfQgvPNRFNgdsKd4lTY/

Thanks,
Donald