Subject: [babel] RFC 8968 on Babel Routing Protocol over Datagram Transport Layer Security

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 12:39:37 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8968

        Title:      Babel Routing Protocol over Datagram 
                    Transport Layer Security 
        Author:     A. Décimo,
                    D. Schinazi,
                    J. Chroboczek
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-babel-dtls-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8968

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8968

The Babel Routing Protocol does not contain any means to authenticate
neighbours or provide integrity or confidentiality for messages sent
between them.  This document specifies a mechanism to ensure these
properties using Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS).

This document is a product of the Babel routing protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC