Subject: [BXXPwg] beepcore examples probs.

From: Ben Feinstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:57:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hey ya'll,

I'm having trouble getting Bing to talk to Beepd with TLS enabled.  I'm
using JDK 1.3.0_02.  I've installed the JSSE 1.0.2 jars in
$JREHOME/lib/ext and edited my $JREHOME/lib/security/java.security file,
adding the line: security.provider.3=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider

I'm running Beepd with the example "beepd-config.xml" file.  I can use
Bing to talk to Beepd with "-privacy none" option, but I get the following
error traces when I use privacy.

(running the server)

$ java org.beepcore.beep.example.Beepd -config beepd-config.xml

(running Bing)

$ java org.beepcore.beep.example.Bing -port 10288 -count 10 -privacy
required localhost

(error output from Beepd, which stays running and will continue to listen 
on the port)

TCPSession Thread #0:TCP
Mapping: org.beepcore.beep.core.BEEPException: Malformed BEEP header, EOS
org.beepcore.beep.core.BEEPException: Malformed BEEP header, EOS
        at
org.beepcore.beep.transport.tcp.TCPSession.processNextFrame(TCPSession.java:409)
        at
org.beepcore.beep.transport.tcp.TCPSession.access$2(TCPSession.java:393)
        at
org.beepcore.beep.transport.tcp.TCPSession$SessionThread.run(TCPSession.java:514)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
TCPSession Thread #0:org.beepcore.beep.core.Session.terminate: Malformed
BEEP header, EOS

(error output from Bing, which exits)

Exception in thread
"main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: COM/claymoresystems/sslg/SSLContextInt
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:237)
        at
org.beepcore.beep.profile.tls.TLSProfile.getInstance(TLSProfile.java:115)
        at
org.beepcore.beep.profile.tls.TLSProfile.getDefaultInstance(TLSProfile.java:98)
        at org.beepcore.beep.example.Bing.main(Bing.java:73)

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  Does someone know of a simple example
program using JSSE so I could isolate whether I'm having a JSSE or a
Beepcore problem?

Thanks,
Ben Feinstein

_______________________________________________
BXXPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.invisible.net/mailman/listinfo/bxxpwg