Subject: [BXXPwg] Ran Beepd got error TLS algorithm not found

From: "Ander, Dale" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:15:03 -0500

I managed to build Beepd and Bing in the example directory
(beepcore-0.9.06\example\org\beepcore\beep\example) today but am still
having problems.  Details follow.

The first time I ran Beepd I got a NoClassDefFoundError for
javax/net/ssl/HandshakeCompletedListener.

I downloaded the jsee-1.0.2-do.zip file off Sun's web site next under the
assumption it had the classes I needed to run Beepd and attempted to install
it per Sun's directions (I may or may not have done it right).  I wasn't
exactly sure what to do but I have an environment variable named JAVA_HOME
and it's set to C:\JDK1.3.0_02 in my autoexec.bat file so I put the Jar
files jcert, jnet, and jsse, in the directory c:\JDK1.3.0_02\jre\lib\ext.

I also edited the java.security file in c:\JDK1.3.0_02\jre\lib\security and
added a line that looks like:
	security.provider.3=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
Per my interpretation of the installation instructions.  Note there were
already two other lines there that looked like:
	security.provider.1=sun.security.provider.Sun
	security.provider.2=com.sun.rsajca.Provider

And finally, I updated my autoexec.bat file (I'm doing all this on a Windows
98 system) to include jcert.jar, jnet.jar, and jsse.jar in my class path
(wasn't sure if I needed all three but ...) and then I restarted my system
(not completely necessary but that way I was sure my classpath would be set
"correctly" when I started my DOS boxes from then on).

Now when I run Beepd I get a different message.  I get one that says:
TSL algorithm not found.  Probable cause is the JSSE provider has not been
added to the java security file.

Now I'm not sure what to do so I'm posting this note in the hopes of getting
some help while I keep plugging away.

Thanks in advance,
Dale

Dale Ander
Senior Software Architect
Sterling Commerce, Inc.
Research and Advanced Technology Group
[email-masked]
(469) 524-2603

_______________________________________________
BXXPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.invisible.net/mailman/listinfo/bxxpwg

---

From: Gabe Wachob <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:34:51 -0700 (PDT)

One solution is to use the beta jdk1.4 which includes all the security
stuff already for you. This may not be an option, but it certainly is a
quick way to solve the problem.

The problems you are having sound like generic JSSE install problems. Have
you tried running anything else requiring JSSE?

	-Gabe

---

From: Nitin Borwankar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:04:20 -0700

Hi Dale,

I had exactly the same problems so I removed the TLS profile entry in
the config file and I was
able to get Beepd running and was able to telnet to it.  
I still haven't managed to get it running in TLS mode, and have kept it
aside.
I'll try the jdk1.4 approach in a few days to see if it works.
Thanks Gabe.

--
Nitin Borwankar