Subject: [BEEPwg] BEEP question

From: yuexiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:17:26 +0800

Hello,

This question confused me for some time already.

In the following, I try to describe my question:

   A host ---->firewall ---- >internet --> B host <--------internet 
------firewall<------C host

A direct TCP connection could be established between A host and B host, 
based on this TCP
connection, BEEP protocol can be implemented and employed between A host 
and B host.

But, is it possible that BEEP protocol connects A host and C host? I 
meam one of them( A host
and C host) acting as the INITIATING ROLE and the other acting as the 
LISTENING ROLE?

For example, If I employ JMS to establish a direct virtual connection 
between A host and C host
to support BEEP protocol messages between them.

Probably my question is stupid because it is meaningnessless.

Any comment?

Thanks a lot

yangyuexiang

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.beepcore.org/mailman/listinfo/beepwg

---

From: Gabe Wachob <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:32:55 -0800 (PST)

Your question is not meaningless at all! You wouldn't use JMS as a
"transport" layer though.. that would simply not be BEEP.

In short, there is no BEEP-provided facility for this sort of "rendezvous"
functionality. That doesn't mean it couldn't be defined as a BEEP Profile
(which all three parties would have to implement in one form or another).

You may want to check out the TUNNEL profile at
http://www.beepcore.org/beepcore/docs/profile-tunnel.jsp

I don't think this will provide the "rendezvous" functionality you are
looking for, but it may help in some situations.

A profile for your situation is something I've been thinking about for a
while, but I don't think anyone has published any profiles towards solving
this problem.

	-Gabe

-- 
Gabe Wachob                   [email-masked]
Personal                   http://www.wachob.com
CTO, WiredObjects    http://www.wiredobjects.com