Subject: [BEEPwg] Using XML-RPC in BEEP; comments please

From: "Ward Harold" <Ward_Harold/[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 11:36:11 -0600

I've morphed the SOAP profile into one that supports XML-RPC. Yes, I know
many "web service" types wish XML-RPC would just cease to be but given that
SOAP continues to accumulate bulk while XML-RPC has remained simple enough
for a single engineer to fully implement in a long weekend and functional
enough to do valuable work I personally hope they don't get their wish.

Here's the I-D abstract:

XML-RPC is a Remote Procedure Calling protocol that works over the
Internet.  It defines an XML format for messages that are transfered
between clients and servers.  The message specifies a procedure to be
invoked by the server and contains the parameters to use in the
invocation.  Procedure parameters can be scalars, numbers, strings,
dates, etc.; they can also be complex record and list structures.

XML-RPC bindings describe how a specific transport protocol transfers
XML-RPC formatted messages between clients and servers.  This
document specifies a binding to the Blocks Extensible Exchange
Protocol core (BEEP).

Here's the link to the I-D itself:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harold-beep-xmlrpc-00.txt

Comments appreciated.
--
... WkH

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.beepcore.org/mailman/listinfo/beepwg