Subject: [BEEPwg] transformative content-transfer-encoding in core profiles

From: james woodyatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 16:17:57 -0700

everyone--

What should a BEEP peer do when it receives an initial greeting message 
in a transformative content transfer encoding?

For example:

	RPY 0 0 . 0 nnn
	Content-Type: application/beep+xml; charset="iso-8859-1"
	Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

	<greeting/>
	END

RFC 3080 seems to be silent on the subject.

If the IETF ever revises the BEEP core specification, is it possible we 
might see an outright ban on the use of the Content-Transfer-Encoding 
entity header in all of the core profiles?  At least a strong 
recommendation against?

--
j h woodyatt <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.beepcore.org/mailman/listinfo/beepwg