Subject: [BEEPwg] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.4 "the union forever" release is ready!

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:01:56 +0200

######################################
              ##       Vortex Library 1.0.4       ##
              ##    "the union forever release"   ##
              ######################################

Release note
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
  Library 1.0.4 "the union forever" release availability: an open
  source "BEEP Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped onto
  TCP/IP.

  Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
  data transport layer.

  Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
  development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
  and GNU/Linux platforms.

  Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:

    - http://vortex.aspl.es 
      [Vortex Library homepage]
 
    - http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary
      [Sources and Win32 binaries]

    - http://fact.aspl.es
      [Af-Arch homepage where Vortex Library is being developed]

    - http://www.beepcore.org
      [BEEP Core community web site]

    - http://xml.aspl.es
      [Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
    
The release in short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Updates to the xml-rpc-gen tool to support group services under
   same resources, and to perform an efficient service dispatch under
   this situations. Bug fixings and other minor changes to accommodate
   the output produced by the tool with a Turbulence module.

   Fixed bugs and updated regression test to include more tests to
   ensure proper function in future release especially for the
   xml-rpc-gen output code and the XML-RPC profile.

   Provided a missing API to allow getting the serverName under which
   the connection is working.
  
Thanks to..
~~~~~~~~~~~

   Jens Alfke (Reported and provided solution to some compilation
   errors found under the MacOS/X platform and the XCode tool).

   Graham Daws (Reported wrong mime handling).

Change notifications
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  None.

Changes since 1.0.3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

xml-rpc-gen:

* [fix] Fixed bug which was causing to produce a service_dispatch.c
  file including wrongly modules with "-" values inside its name.

* [new] Updated IDL language and the tool to support resource
  declaration allowing to group services under a particular resource.

* [fix] Making the tool to not create the conf.xml file if the main
  file for the server component is disabled (--disable-main-file).

libvortex:

* [fix] Fixed wrong piggyback handling which was causing to register a
  piggyback with empty content (where no piggyback was received).

* [new] Updated regression tests to check serverName connection
  flagging.  Tests checks serverName value for a provided connection at
  the client and the server side, after creating several channels
  requesting to act as a particular server.

* [new] Updated vortex connection module to include a missing function
  which allows to get current serverName bound to the connection
  (first successful start message configuring it). API added:

   - vortex_connection_get_server_name

* [new] Updated vortex xml-rpc implementation to accept several
  dispatch and validation handlers to be configured at the same
  time. This will allow several modules to include its dispatching
  functions under different resources and services. Nice!

* [new] Updated vortex xml-rpc API to allow getting the resource under
  which is running a XML-RPC channel. API added:

   - vortex_xml_rpc_channel_get_resource

* [fix] Committing body and headers for the source code generated by
  the xml-rpc-gen tool to allow compiling regression test in a easy
  manner in other platforms where xml-rpc-gen tool is not
  available. This will also allow to trace xml-rpc-gen behavior when
  updates are included.

* [fix] Updated vortex regression test to integrate all work done to
  check xml-rpc-gen compiler and all test unit created to check each
  feature built.  Now vortex-regression-client and
  vortex-regression-listener will check both. Good!

* [fix] Enforced #ifdef header declaration to avoid compilation
  problems with Xcode. (Reported Jens Alfke).

* [fix] Removing some references to gint.

* [fix] Added new function to get the string inside a
  XmlRpcMethodValue but receiving an allocated value:

   - vortex_xml_rpc_method_value_get_as_string_alloc

* [new] Updated xml-rpc interface to include some convenience
  functions to create XmlRpcMethodValue items:

  - vortex_xml_rpc_method_value_new_int
  - vortex_xml_rpc_method_value_new_double
  - vortex_xml_rpc_method_value_new_bool

* [fix] Fixed from MIME header detection. It was done in a
  case-sensitive manner. (Reported by Graham Daws).

* [fix] Added a new function that allows to perform the "best effort"
  translating a double value, without taking into consideration the
  current locale, replacing the function strtod which fails if the
  locale is not properly synchronized with the double value to be
  translating (even knowing it is a double value). Used inside the
  xml-rpc API to double values in a more robust manner. API added:

   - vortex_support_strtod

* [fix] Added new regression tests (checking small messages followed
  by a close request).

* [fix] Fixed return code not properly reported at
  vortex_cond_timedwait.

* [fix] Fixed a bug inside vortex_cond_timedwait which wasn't properly
  calculating the waiting period.

* [fix] Making vortex sequencer to signal the last reply number sent
  on the wire allowing the close detection code to be able to *really*
  check if all replies have been sent at the close process.

About Us
~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
  complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
  enterprise process.

  Af-Arch project relies on Vortex Library to exchange data between
  its distributed nodes.

  Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
  and consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
  inside its process.

  Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
  and/or BEEP based development services.

  You can reach us:

       http://www.aspl.es - [email-masked]

  We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!  

--
Francis Brosnan Blázquez           - [email-masked]
Advanced Software Production Line  - http://www.aspl.es
13th jul 2007, Madrid (Spain)

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/mailman/listinfo/beepwg