Subject: [BEEPwg] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.5 "free bird" release is ready!

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:06:16 +0200

######################################
              ##       Vortex Library  1.0.5      ##
              ##        "free bird release"       ##
              ######################################

Release note
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
  Library 1.0.5 "free bird" release availability: an open
  source "BEEP Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped onto
  TCP/IP.

  Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
  data transport layer.

  Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
  development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
  and GNU/Linux platforms.

  Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:

    - http://vortex.aspl.es 
      [Vortex Library homepage]
 
    - http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary
      [Sources and Win32 binaries]

    - http://fact.aspl.es
      [Af-Arch homepage where Vortex Library is being developed]

    - http://www.beepcore.org
      [BEEP Core community web site]

    - http://xml.aspl.es
      [Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
    
The release in short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  xml-rpc-gen updates to make it more robust. Now the tool, through
  the IDL language allows to group services under the same
  resource. Fixed several bugs at the code produced and included some
  checks to avoid marshall errors for NULL strings. Now the tool
  allows to include user defined code that is translated into the
  output.

  Included new functions to produce a peer certificate digest or
  content digest (now with support for MD5) and added two new macros
  that allows to get SASL auth Id easily from a channel or
  connection. Fixed some bugs and memory leaks.

Change notifications
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  [1] vortex-xml-rpc-gen-dispatch-01
  http://lists.aspl.es/pipermail/vortex/2007-July/000160.html

Changes since 1.0.4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

libvortex,xml-rpc-gen:

* [fix] Updated xml-rpc-gen dispatch headers and body produced at the
  server component to also receive a reference to the channel where
  the invocation was received. Updated regression text to check the
  change. Updated the following functions to receive the channel 
  reference:

   - vortex_xml_rpc_unmarshall_int_sync
   - vortex_xml_rpc_unmarshall_string_sync
   - vortex_xml_rpc_unmarshall_double_sync
   - vortex_xml_rpc_unmarshall_struct_sync
   - vortex_xml_rpc_unmarshall_array_sync
  
  (Change notification: vortex-xml-rpc-gen-dispatch-01.txt)

xml-rpc-gen:

* [new] Updated the tool to produce a "copy" function for structures
  and arrays provided at the stub produced.

* [fix] Making the tool to produce a client stub that checks for NULL
  pointers for STRING and BASE64 types, replacing it with an empty
  string.

* [new] Updated the tool to produce an "add" API for array types at
  the client stub, allowing to add elements as they are produced.

* [new] Updated the tool to allow grouping services under resources,
  allowing to perform an efficient dispatch, and to hide/provide
  services as defined by the boot resource. Updated documentation to
  explain the feature.

* [new] Updated the tool to allow declaring the set of resources that
  can be used at the IDL file. Updated documentation.

* [fix] Fixed a bug at the boolean marshalling code. Now it is checked
  the returning value to be equal to "true" to case the function to
  return false in other cases (especially for negative values).

* [new] Updated the tool to allow including user defined code at the
  server side implementation (include on body).

libvortex:

* [fix] Fixed wrong default on close handler provided to a profile
  which is registered with vortex_profiles_register_extended_start.
  Updated implementation to also configure the default start handler.
  Updated regression test to check this in future releases.

* [fix] Updated REPLY_FAULT macro to be enclosed with do{}while;
  construction to enable its use at if/else structures without braces.
  Updated macro documentation to better explain its function and
  common use.

* [fix] Fixed memory leak inside vortex_connection_reconnect which was
  causing to lost the internal message reporting the problem that is
  causing a call to reconnect.

* [fix] Fixed memory leak at vortex_xml_rpc_boot_channel process which
  was causing to not dealloc serverName and resourceName declared.

* [fix] Making xml-rpc unmarshall sync operations to automatically
  dealloc the faultString created if the channel is closed or a new
  fault negotiation takes place.

* [fix] Restored MIME handling which was properly done. As expressed
  in RFC2045, 5.1 section, "Content-Type" header field is defined in a
  CASE-sensitive, and the header content in a case-insensitive.

* [new] Updated vortex_tls_get_peer_ssl_digest to allow producing md5
  digest (VORTEX_MD5) and added a new function which allows to produce
  a digest from a provided string. API added:

   - vortex_tls_get_digest

* [fix] Fixed vortex_sasl_is_authenticated to better check if a
  connection is authenticated. Now the function also checks for a sasl
  channel to be running at the connection.

* [new] Added two new macros that allows to get easily the AUTH_ID
  from a provided connection or channel. API added:

   - AUTH_ID_FROM_CONN
   - AUTH_ID_FROM_CHANNEL

* [fix] Making default io waiting add operation to check for negative
  fds.

About Us
~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
  complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
  enterprise process.

  Af-Arch project relies on Vortex Library to exchange data between
  its distributed nodes.

  Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
  and consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
  inside its process.

  Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
  and/or BEEP based development services.

  You can reach us:

       http://www.aspl.es - [email-masked]

  We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!  

--
Francis Brosnan Blázquez           - [email-masked]
Advanced Software Production Line  - http://www.aspl.es
30h jul 2007, Madrid (Spain)

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/mailman/listinfo/beepwg

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:14:35 -0500

congrats!

and i like the redesign of the website!

/mtr

---

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:00:22 +0200

> and i like the redesign of the website!

Thanks Marshall!

Cheers!

-- 
Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.