Subject: [BEEPwg] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.8 'lonely world' release is ready!

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:18:03 +0200

######################################
              ##       Vortex Library  1.0.8      ##
              ##      "lonely world release"      ##
              ######################################

Release note
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
  Library 1.0.8 "lonely world" release availability: an open source
  "BEEP Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped onto
  TCP/IP.

  Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
  data transport layer.

  Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
  development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
  and GNU/Linux platforms.

  Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:

    - http://vortex.aspl.es 
      [Vortex Library homepage]
 
    - http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary
      [Sources and Win32 binaries]

    - http://fact.aspl.es
      [Af-Arch homepage where Vortex Library is being developed]

    - http://www.beepcore.org
      [BEEP Core community web site]

    - http://xml.aspl.es
      [Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
    
The release in short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Several changes have been introduced into the xml-rpc-gen tool to
  improve the output code (stub/server). API updates, including a new
  function to perform a channel selection based on a user space
  function. In general, this is a support release for next Turbulence
  version.

Change notifications
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  [1] vortex-voidptr-update-01
  http://lists.aspl.es/pipermail/vortex/2007-October/000205.html

Changes since 1.0.7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* [fix] General update to apply the API introduced and described by
  vortex-voidptr-update-01 change notification.

* [fix] Updated test files and regression test to conform the new API.
  Only updated calls to vortex_frame_get_payload to cast the content 
  to the proper type.

* [new] Added new function to the vortex connection module to configure
  I/O blocking mode. API added:
   
   - vortex_connection_set_sock_block

* [fix] Fixed memory leak inside the second level frame delivery
  handler under the case where the channel being used for the delivery
  is configured to be seriable.

* [fix] Fixed bug inside the xml-rpc-gen compiler which was causing to
  produce a faulty server side stub service dispatch if some of the
  parameters received by the service were a struct or an array.

* [fix] Fixed double deallocation error at the vortex sequencer
  module.

* [fix] Nullify internal reference on the queue when it is
  deallocated.

* [new] Updated vortex hash module to include a new foreach function
  that allows to provide three user defined parameters. API added:
  
   - vortex_hash_foreach3

* [new] Updated vortex connection module to include a new function
  that allows to select a channel providing the function that is
  called as a selector. API added:
  
   - vortex_connection_get_channel_by_func
   - VortexChannelSelector (handler)

* [fix] Some updates at the sasl doc.

* [fix] Fixed syntax error while compiling vortex connection module on
  windows.

* [fix] Fixed more visual studio problems...

* [new] Updated vortex connection API to provide a new macro that
  allows to get the associated serverName on a connection:
  
   - SERVER_NAME_FROM_CHANNEL

* [fix] Added additional missing check after TLS negotiation, to avoid
  keep with process if something have failed with the TLS handshake
  itself.

* [fix] Added some debug code to drop log information when the TLS
  negotiation fails.

* [fix] Included support for gettimeofday function to be available on
  windows. This function is really useful while implementing timeout
  operations.

* [fix] Updated documentation for the gettimeofday function provided
  on windows.

* [fix] committing changes to the download section, placing a direct
  reference to the source code download.

* [fix] Removed some configure.ac variables used by previous glib
  dependency. Updated VERSION file.

* [fix] Fixed lost G_OS_WIN32 inside the xml-rpc-gen tool

* [fix] Fixed wrong code produced to handle boolean parameters at
  the client stub connector (xml-rpc-gen tool).

* [fix] Fixed wrong boolean handling at the unmarshalling code produced
  at the server side (xml-rpc-gen tool).

* [fix] Removed precondition at
  vortex_xml_rpc_method_call_create_value which was causing to not
  allow creating boolean false values.

* [fix] Fixed compilation error inside the xml-rpc-gen tool at the
  windows platform.

* [fix] Added macro to the vortex xml-rpc to clearly represent an
  empty string without meaning. API added:

   - XML_RPC_EMPTY_STR

About Us
~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
  complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
  enterprise process.

  Af-Arch project relies on Vortex Library to exchange data between
  its distributed nodes.

  Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
  and consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
  inside its process.

  Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
  and/or BEEP based development services.

  You can reach us:

       http://www.aspl.es - [email-masked]

  We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!  

--
Francis Brosnan Blázquez           - [email-masked]
Advanced Software Production Line  - http://www.aspl.es
11th oct 2007, Madrid (Spain)

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/mailman/listinfo/beepwg