Subject: [BEHAVE] REALM's quotes

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 07:59:40 -0700

I'm helping with this iteration of rfc3489bis, and we had a question.
Several reviewers of rfc3489bis had commented about the use of quotes in the
REALM attribute in the existing draft:

   11.7.  REALM

   The REALM attribute is present in requests and responses.  It
   contains text which meets the grammar for "realm" as described in RFC
   3261 [11], and will thus contain a quoted string (including the
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

   quotes).
   ^^^^^^

Would anyone have heartache if we removed quotes from this attribute?
Should we provide guidance that quotes might appear if a pre-RFC
implementation is encountered?

-d

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: Benny Prijono <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 18:27:38 +0100

>    3261 [11], and will thus contain a quoted string (including the

It's okay with me. Please remove it.

> implementation is encountered?

Probably yes. And probably best to leave the text in 8.3.1 where
implementation must remove the quotes in REALM before calculating
the key for MESSAGE-INTEGRITY.

  -benny