Subject: [BEHAVE] Protocol Action: 'NAT Behavioral Requirements for TCP' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 12:45:55 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'NAT Behavioral Requirements for TCP '
   <draft-ietf-behave-tcp-07.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance 
Avoidance Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-tcp-07.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document defines a set of requirements for NATs that handle TCP
that would allow many applications, such as peer-to-peer applications
and on-line games, to work consistently.  Developing NATs that meet
this set of requirements will greatly increase the likelihood that
these applications will function properly.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document was a product of the BEHAVE working group. There is
consensus to publish this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document describes recommended practices for NATs.  Most
existing NATs already conform to these requirements.
The document has benefitted from comments and reviewes by people active in
TCPM. It was also WG last called in TCPM. IETF Last call comments has been
addressed. 

Personnel

Dan Wing is the Document Shepherd, and Magnus Westerlund is
the Responsible Area Director.

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave