Subject: [BEHAVE] adopt denis-behave-nat-dccp

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:09:30 -0700

I propose we adopt draft-denis-behave-nat-dccp-01.txt as a working group
document to meet our July 2008 milestone "Submit BCP document for DCCP NAT
behavior", retaining the current editor.  We did not have sufficient time at
IETF71 in Philadelphia to have Remi's slides presented, but they are located
at <http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08mar/slides/behave-2.pdf>.  The only
comment I am aware of regarding this document is Gorry Fairhurst's at
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/behave/current/msg03423.html>.

If you have an objection to adopting this document to meet this milestone,
please let me know within a week.

-d

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: Philip Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:59:54 -0400

I have no problem with Remi's document, and suspect that the approach  
he has taken is likely the right one.

My concern is only whether there is a large enough group of people  
interested in working on this document. For a number of the BEHAVE  
documents (TCP, ICMP, Multicast, even Behavior Discovery), I have  
felt that the group of people following the work has been very thin,  
and the documents have not gotten really good review. I am worried  
that the situation for DCCP will be even worse. I suspect that very  
few of active participants in BEHAVE know DCCP well. It would be nice  
if BEHAVE got an influx of DCCP-knowledgeable people, but even this  
will help only so far if they don't know anything about NATs.

One suggestion is to count how many people are interested in the work  
and willing to contribute, and see how many of them feel they  
understand NATs well and how many feel they understand DCCP well.

- Philip