Subject: [BEHAVE] TURN plans

From: Philip Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:38:09 -0400

I have been asked what my plans are for TURN, and I thought that  
others might be interested in the answer.

There are three open issues remaining:
1. Handling the IP header fields
2. ALTERNATE-SERVER
3. BANDWIDTH attribute (or whatever we are going to call it).
We had some good discussion on these at the BEHAVE meeting in Philly,  
but we still need to close on the final details.

There are also some little things to close (which we did not have a  
chance to cover at the meeting), and Cullen has also been muttering  
about the fact that there is no way to authenticate indications.

My plan is to try to close all these things over the next month. I  
will be sending e-mail messages to the list over the next few days to  
start/restart discussion on these, and I have preliminary plans for a  
conference call to discuss open issues in 2-3 weeks time.

I plan to produce TURN-08 in about 4-5 weeks (depending on how the  
conference call goes). I am hoping all these issues will be closed by  
then. Assuming everything is closed, I will ask for a WGLC on TURN-08  
before the next IETF meeting.

For those doing implementations, the feedback that I have received so  
far is to not worry about backwards compatibility. Thus, for example,  
TURN-07 deleted an attribute and then reused the same codepoint for a  
new attribute. If this is a concern, please  raise it.

- Philip

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave