Subject: [BEHAVE] SASLprep

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:33:45 -0700

About slide 11 of the rfc3489bis presentation[1]:

I used ICU[2] in my code and the size of the SASLprep profile that I
generated is 13736 bytes.

[1] http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/08mar/slides/behave-5.ppt
[2] http://icu-project.org/index.html

-- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin           [                                 ]
Home: [email-masked] [RFC1855-compliant space for rent ]
Work: [email-masked]            [                                 ]
[                                                               ]
_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:35:00 -0700

> [2] http://icu-project.org/index.html

Thanks, Marc.

I expect the only way for STUN to avoid SASLPrep is to drop back 
to ASCII (disallowing UTF-8).  But doing that for fields that can 
contain usernames and passwords would earn the document a new 
Discuss to support UTF-8.

I expect implementations will have to eat the 13,736 bytes.

-d