Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] I-D Action:draft-baker-behave-ivi-01.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:24:46 +1300

Can the authors explain the translation of MX records to AAAA
a bit more? As far as I understand these things, an MX record
points to an FQDN, and it's for the SMTP speaker to resolve
that FQDN.

So it seems to me that the correct procedure is for the SMTP
speaker to receive the standard MX record, and then to send
a query to resolve the highest-preference FQDN, and if the
only reply to that is an A record, it would be translated to AAAA.

    Brian

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: Hiroshi MIYATA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 01:32:24 +0900

I also wanted to know why MX.

Thanks for your explanation!

....miyata

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 08:43:42 -0700

thanks for the correction. I will change that to red "A Record"