Subject: [BEHAVE] consensus check: rfc3489bis expert responsibilities

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 07:58:22 -0700

When posting draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-16, Jonathan announced the 
following text was added (see 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/behave/current/msg04046.html):

         STUN methods in the range 0x000 - 0x1FF are
         assigned by IETF Review [RFC5226]. STUN methods in
         the range 0x200 - 0x3FF are assigned by Designated
         Expert [RFC5226].  The responsibility of the expert
         is to verify that the selected codepoint(s) are not
         in use, and that the request is not for an
         abnormally large number of codepoints. Technical
         review of the extension itself is outside the scope
         of the designated expert responsibility.

but due to a mistake while editing the XML file (missing
"<t>" and "</t"), the last two sentences (starting with "The 
responsibility") were not in the text file:

         The responsibility of the expert is to verify that
         the selected codepoint(s) are not in use, and that
         the request is not for an abnormally large number
         of codepoints. Technical review of the extension
         itself is outside the scope of the designated
         expert responsibility.

This email is to ensure there is consensus for adding those
two sentences.  Magnus will be deciding if there is consensus,
as I am co-author of the document.  Please reply to the list or
to Magnus if you agree or disagree with these two sentences.
The sentences can be added during AUTH48.

-d

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:45:12 -0400

I agree.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   499 Thornall St.
Cisco Fellow                                   Edison, NJ 08837
Cisco, Voice Technology Group
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (408) 902-3084
http://www.cisco.com
_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:31:24 +0200

No comment on this so I have approved publication.

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave