Subject: [BEHAVE] AD comments on draft-ietf-behave-dccp-02

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:32:06 +0200

Hi,

I have reviewed the DCCP NAT draft and have a few comments I like to get 
clarification on before progressing to IETF last call.

1. Section 3:
"Expected NAT behaviors applicable to DCCP connections are very
    similar to those applicable to TCP connections (with the exception or
    REQ-6 below)."

Is it supposed to be "with the exception of" instead of "or"?

2. Section 4.2: Considering the title of this section and section 4.3, 
why is the text saying the following including external initiated also?
"... for connections initiated both internally as well as externally ..."

3. Section 10:
"  Similar to [I-D.ietf-behave-tcp], REQ-4 of this document recommends a
    NAT to respond to unsolicited inbound Sync packets with an ICMP error
    delayed by a few seconds."

This sentence mentions "sync" packets, while REQ-4 only talks about 
Listen. Which packet type is the right one or should both be mentioned i 
both places?

4. I also noted that the shepherd write up doesn't mention that there 
are two normative references to documents not yet published. 
draft-ietf-behave-nat-icmp and draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open. I don't see 
an issue with these but it may delay the publication.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave