Subject: [BEHAVE] v4 client - v6 server communication

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:51:38 -0600

In reply to what Charles said at the mike:

Last year, I wrote a draft about a mechanism that allows IPv4 clients  
to get at IPv6 servers just as easily as the other way around, by  
using an HTTPS proxy:

http://www.muada.com/drafts/draft-van-beijnum-v6ops-connect-method-00.txt

(Just 4 pages.)

An HTTPS proxy is really a TCP proxy, so any application that works  
through such a proxy that is dual stack can reach both IPv4 and IPv6  
destinations.

It doesn't solve the general case, but it can work for all TCP  
applications, and it can be implemented in individual applications,  
but possibly redirecting TCP sessions through a proxy when the  
destination is running a different IP version could be make a system- 
wide service rather than be done per application.

Iljitsch
_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave