Subject: [BEHAVE] Comments on Appendix of draft-baker-behave-v4v6-framework-00.txt

From: Hiroshi MIYATA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 20:18:01 +0900

Hi Fred,

I have some comments especially on Appendix. Of course it is better  
than original one.

First, I propose to add terminology which is correspondent to "IPv4- 
translated IPv6 address"
which is assigned to IPv6 node to accomplish the stateless translation.
Hereinafter I call the address "IPv4-translated IPv6 address"  
temporally.

Comment 1:
--------------------------------------
A.2.1.1.  Benefits of an operator-specified /32../64 prefix
    Address Mapping:  A Mapped IPv4 Address format allows a stateless
       IPv6 address mapping between an IPv4 address and its mapped IPv6
       counterpart.
--------------------------------------

This nature is accomplished by assigning the "IPv4-translated IPv6  
address" to IPv6 node.
So, if we distinguish the IPv4-translated IPv6 address" from "IPv4- 
mapped IPv6 address"
it is much clearer.
So, my proposed modification is as follows.

--------------------------------------
A.2.1.1.  Benefits of an operator-specified /32../64 prefix
    Address Mapping:  A Mapped IPv4 Address format allows a stateless
       IPv6 address mapping between an IPv4 address and its mapped IPv6
       counterpart when the "IPv4-translated IPv6 address" using this  
prefix
       is assigned to the IPv6 host.

--------------------------------------

This comment is also applicable in A.2.2.1.

Comment 2:
A.2.2.2.
   There are two articles of Synthetic Address Detection.
   The first one implies the second one. So, the second one can be  
removed.

Comment 3:
A.2.2.2.
   In the "Service Model" article, you use "The NAT64 address". It  
should be "This address".

Comment 4:
A.2.2.2.  In the "Routing" article. I agree on following.

       "preferring routing prefixes to be 64 bits or shorter and  
leaving a
       64 bit host ID."

Comment 5:
Actually, this is a question.
In A.2.2.3. you use "LIR Prefix" twice, is this intentional?

Best Regards,

....miyata

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave