Subject: [BEHAVE] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-bagnulo-behave-nat64-02.txt]

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 20:36:34 +0100

Hi,

We have submitted a new version of nat64, including only the statefull 
translator part.
Comments are welcome,

regards, marcelo

-------- Mensaje original --------
Asunto: 	I-D Action:draft-bagnulo-behave-nat64-02.txt
Fecha: 	Sat, 1 Nov 2008 12:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
De: 	[email-masked]
Responder a: 	[email-masked]
Para: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NAT64: Network Address and Protocol Translation from IPv6 Clients to IPv4 Servers
	Author(s)       : M. Bagnulo, et al.
	Filename        : draft-bagnulo-behave-nat64-02.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2008-11-01

NAT64 is a mechanism for translating IPv6 packets to IPv4 packets and
vice-versa.  DNS64 is a mechanism for synthesizing AAAA records from
A records.  These two mechanisms together enable client-server
communication between an IPv6-only client and an IPv4-only server,
without requiring any changes to either the IPv6 or the IPv4 node,
for the class of applications that work through NATs.  They also
enable peer-to-peer communication between an IPv4 and an IPv6 node,
where the communication can be initiated by either end using
existing, NAT-traversing, peer-to-peer communication techniques.
This document specifies NAT64, and gives suggestions on how they
should be deployed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bagnulo-behave-nat64-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 20:42:28 -0800

I have comments on several drafts that I've read queued up now, but
I haven't had time to convert my comments into plaintext.

Since it's getting close to IETF, I'll go ahead and send my marked up
PDF for now, since that's better than nothing.

-Dave

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of marcelo bagnulo braun
> Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2008 2:37 PM
> To: Behave WG
> Subject: [BEHAVE] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-bagnulo-behave-nat64-02.txt]
>
> Hi,
>
>         Title           : NAT64: Network Address and Protocol
> Translation from IPv6 Clients to IPv4 Servers
> vice-versa.  DNS64 is a mechanism for synthesizing AAAA records from A
> records.  These two mechanisms together enable client-server
> without requiring any changes to either the IPv6 or the IPv4 node, for
> the class of applications that work through NATs.  They also enable
> peer-to-peer communication between an IPv4 and an IPv6 node, where the
> communication can be initiated by either end using existing, NAT-
> traversing, peer-to-peer communication techniques.
> This document specifies NAT64, and gives suggestions on how they should
> be deployed.
>