Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] I-D Action:draft-vogt-durand-virtual-ip6-connectivity-00.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:36:45 +1300

Hi,

How will you provide reverse DNS for the virtual IPv4 addresses?
(If you don't, hosts that regard this as a 'security' requirement
will be unhappy.)

I don't understand how you will support DNSSEC for virtual
IPv4 addresses either.

I'm bothered by the fact that you avoid the question of how
the resolver coordinates virtual IPv4 assignments with the
translator. This is absolutely vital to the correct functioning
of the method, so I don't see how we can leave it aside.
Even if the resolver and the translator are in the same box,
there are some concurrency requirements to be defined to avoid
race conditions.

    Brian

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave