Subject: [BEHAVE] TURN-TCP posted

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 16:17:40 -0500

I put together a skeleton for TURN-TCP, with most of the content focused 
in the overview of operation. That overview summarizes the proposed 
direction. I'd like to get comments on this overview, if this sounds 
like a good path forward. If so, I can begin to fill in the document 
with the details needed to specify it.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-turn-tcp-01.txt

The main concept here is to have a 'control connection' on which 
Allocate and Refresh and Connect are sent. Then, there are 'data 
connections', which, once set up, carry only application data. For each 
peer connection, there is a single data connection from client to TURN 
server. THis is what avoids all the mess about connection starvation we 
had with previous versions of TURN-TCP. If the connection to the peer 
closes, the TURN server closes the corresponding connection to the 
client, and vice-a-versa.

Comments please.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   111 Wood Avenue South
Cisco Fellow                                   Iselin, NJ 08830
Cisco, Voice Technology Group
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (408) 902-3084
http://www.cisco.com
_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave