Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] Plan for IPv4/IPv6 translation documents

From: "Tow, Agnes C \(Agnes\)** CTR **" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:31:19 -0500

Fred,

What is the status of the proposed drafts listed in your email? They are
still not listed under the BEHAVE working group documents.

Thanks.
Agnes  

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Fred Baker
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:05 PM
To: Behave Chairs
Cc: Behave WG
Subject: [BEHAVE] Plan for IPv4/IPv6 translation documents

Referring to the October discussion and the chair's slides yesterday,  
and further to private email among the framework authors, the chairs,  
and Magnus yesterday and today, I want to capture what I understand to  
be the documentation plan. If I have it wrong, I would like to know  
that now; if I have it right I am already in process and want  
confirmation of the fact.

One thing discussed privately is that the reference from the  
translation document to the prefix is normative, which means that the  
document referred to should be standards track. You asked me to pull  
the prefix into a separate document.

So I understand that we have six documents called for at this point,  
with possible future ALG documents, for which I am suggesting  
appropriate monikers:

IPv4/IPv6 Translation Framework
     Informational, based on draft-baker-behave-v4v6-framework-02.txt
     draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-framework-00.txt
IPv4/IPv6 Translation Prefix recommendation
     Standards track, based on draft-baker-behave-v4v6-framework-02.txt
     draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-prefix-00.txt
IP/ICMP Translation
     Standards track, based on draft-baker-behave-v4v6- 
translation-02.txt
     draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-translation-00.txt
IPv4/IPv6 Stateful Translation Database Maintenance
     Standards track, based on draft-bagnulo-behave-nat64-03.txt
     draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-database-00.txt
IPv4/IPv6 DNS Translation Database Algorithm and Gateway
     Standards track, based on draft-bagnulo-behave-dns64-02.txt
     draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-dns-00.txt
IPv4/IPv6 FTP Application Layer Gateway
     Standards Track, to be determined

Am I correct?

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave