Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D Action:draft-ietf-behave-address-format-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv6 Addressing of IPv4/IPv6 Translators
	Author(s)       : C. Huitema, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-address-format-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2009-12-17

This document discusses the algorithmic translation of an IPv6
address to a corresponding IPv4 address, and vice versa, using only
statically configured information.  It defines a Well-Known Prefix
for use in algorithmic translations, while allowing organizations to
also use Network Specific Prefixes when appropriate.  Algorithmic
translation is used in IPv4/IPv6 translators, as well as other types
of proxies and gateways (e.g., for DNS) used in IPv4/IPv6 scenarios.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on June 20, 2010.Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-address-format-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Rémi Després <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:19:14 +0100

Christian,

The suggestion I made on Dec. 11 (see below) as taken care of in draft 02, but is no longer in draft 03.
It still holds.

Regards,
RD 

Le 11 déc. 2009 à 15:01, Rémi Després a écrit :

> Christian,
> 
> Just a minor suggestion at the top of page 5: after "host identifier format defined in the IPv6 addressing architecture", add "of [RFC 4291]".
> 
> Thus, if the 'u' octet constraint is eventually relaxed, no update of your text will be needed.