Subject: [BEHAVE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih-06.txt> (Dual Stack Hosts Using "Bump-in-the-Host" (BIH)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 06:53:49 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Behavior Engineering for
Hindrance Avoidance WG (behave) to consider the following document:
- 'Dual Stack Hosts Using "Bump-in-the-Host" (BIH)'
  <draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-09-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Bump-In-the-Host (BIH) is a host-based IPv4 to IPv6 protocol
   translation mechanism that allows a class of IPv4-only applications
   that work through NATs to communicate with IPv6-only peers.  The host
   on which applications are running may be connected to IPv6-only or
   dual-stack access networks.  BIH hides IPv6 and makes the IPv4-only
   applications think they are talking with IPv4 peers by local
   synthesis of IPv4 addresses.  This draft obsoletes RFC 2767 and RFC
   3338.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.