Subject: [BEHAVE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic-13.txt> (Discovery of the IPv6 Prefix Used for IPv6 Address Synthesis) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 07:42:01 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Behavior Engineering for
Hindrance Avoidance WG (behave) to consider the following document:
- 'Discovery of the IPv6 Prefix Used for IPv6 Address Synthesis'
  <draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic-13.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a method for detecting the presence of DNS64
   and for learning the IPv6 prefix used for protocol translation on an
   access network.  The method depends on the existence of a well-known
   IPv4-only domain name "ipv4only.arpa".  The information learned
   enables nodes to perform local IPv6 address synthesis and to
   potentially avoid NAT64 on dual-stack and multi-interface
   deployments.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1795/