Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-multicast-damping-04.txt> (Multicast VPN state damping) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 12:18:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled Services WG (bess)
to consider the following document:
- 'Multicast VPN state damping'
  <draft-ietf-bess-multicast-damping-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-04-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes procedures to damp multicast VPN routing
   state changes and control the effect of the churn due to the
   multicast dynamicity in customer sites.  The procedures described in
   this document are applicable to BGP-based multicast VPN and help
   avoid uncontrolled control plane load increase in the core routing
   infrastructure.  New procedures are proposed inspired from BGP
   unicast route damping principles, but adapted to multicast.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-multicast-damping/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-multicast-damping/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.