Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-pta-flags-02.txt> (Registry and Extensions for P-Multicast Service Interface Tunnel Attribute Flags) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 14:28:04 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled Services WG (bess)
to consider the following document:
- 'Registry and Extensions for P-Multicast Service Interface Tunnel
   Attribute Flags'
  <draft-ietf-bess-pta-flags-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-04-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The BGP-based control procedures for Multicast Virtual Private
   Networks make use of a BGP attribute known as the "P-Multicast
   Service Interface (PMSI) Tunnel" attribute.  The attribute contains a
   one-octet "Flags" field.  The purpose of this document is to
   establish an IANA registry for the assignment of the bits in this
   field.  Since the Flags field contains only eight bits, this document
   also defines a new BGP Extended Community, "Additional PMSI Tunnel
   Attribute Flags", that can be used to carry additional flags for the
   PMSI Tunnel attribute.  This document updates RFC 6514.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-pta-flags/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-pta-flags/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.