Subject: Re: [bess] Poll for adoption: draft-fm-bess-service-chaining-02

From: "Dhananjaya Rao (dhrao)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 09:05:23 +0000

Hello Martin, WG,

It came to our notice recently that there was an old IPR filing on an
earlier related draft that had not been submitted to the IETF. An IPR
statement has now been submitted and is in progress. This was an
inadvertent oversight, and we apologize for the late disclosure.

Regards,
-Dhananjaya

On 2/22/16, 8:58 AM, "BESS on behalf of Martin Vigoureux"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>Hello working group,
>
>This email starts a two-week poll on adopting
>draft-fm-bess-service-chaining-02 [1] as a working group Document.
>
>Please state on the list if you support adoption or not (in both cases,
>please also state the reasons).
>
>This poll runs until *the 7th of March*.
>
>Note that IPR has been disclosed against an earlier version of this
>document:
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2284/
>
>Yet, we are *coincidentally* also polling for knowledge of any other
>IPR that applies to this draft, to ensure that IPR has been disclosed
>in compliance with IETF IPR rules (see RFCs 3979, 4879, 3669
>and 5378 for more details).
>
>==> *If* you are listed as a document author or contributor please
>respond to this email and indicate whether or not you are aware of any
>relevant IPR.
>
>The draft will not be adopted until a response has been received from
>each author and contributor.
>
>If you are not listed as an author or contributor, then please
>explicitly respond only if you are aware of any IPR that has not yet
>been disclosed in conformance with IETF rules.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Martin & Thomas
>bess chairs
>
>[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fm-bess-service-chaining/
>
>_______________________________________________
>BESS mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bess

---

From: Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 13:35:42 +0100

Hello Dhananjaya,
thanks for the notice.

WG,
I'll let this poll run for at least a week after the disclosure is made.
For those who have already stated their position please do not hesitate 
to communicate a revised position, if desired, in light of this upcoming 
IPR disclosure.

For the rest, please do comment on the list, as I'd like to read more 
comments/opinions from non-authors.

Martin

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 15:11:33 +0100

FYI, the disclosure has been made March 8th:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2765/

-Thomas

Le 07/03/2016 13:35, Martin Vigoureux a écrit :
> For those who have already stated their position please do not 
> hesitate to communicate a revised position, if desired, in light of 
> this upcoming IPR disclosure.
>

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.

---

From: Thomas Morin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 15:11:38 +0100

-Thomas

---

From: "Dhananjaya Rao (dhrao)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 02:40:41 +0000

Hi Martin,

As co-author, I support adoption of this draft. I am not aware of any
related IPR apart from the ones that have been disclosed.

Thanks,
-Dhananjaya

---

From: "Gaurav Dawra (gdawra)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 22:51:45 +0000

>Support.

Cheers,

-G.

---

From: "Nagendra Kumar Nainar (naikumar)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 23:09:40 +0000

Hi,

Support.

Regards,
Nagendra