Subject: [bess] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-hu-bess-l2vpn-service-yang-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 09:17:55 +0800

Hi, All

A new draft about L2VPN service YANG data model is submitted to the bess 
workgroup.

This model(we also named it as north bound YANG data model) is to propose 
an abstracted interface to manage configuration of components of a Lay 2 
VPN service.  A typical usage is to use this

 model as an input for an orchestration layer who will be responsible to 
translate it to  orchestrated configuration of network elements which will 
be part of the service.

Commments are appreciately welcomed. Both the VPWS and VPLS services are 
defined in the document.

Fangwei
Regards.

----- 转发人 胡方伟175772/user/zte_ltd 时间 2016-03-18 09:09 -----

[email-masked] 
2016-03-17 17:05

收件人
"fangwei hu" <[email-masked]>, "Ran Chen" <[email-masked]>, 
"Jie Yao" <[email-masked]>, "Fangwei Hu" <[email-masked]>
抄送

主题
New Version Notification for draft-hu-bess-l2vpn-service-yang-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-hu-bess-l2vpn-service-yang-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fangwei Hu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:                            draft-hu-bess-l2vpn-service-yang
Revision:                00
Title:                           L2VPN Service YANG Model
Document date:           2016-03-17
Group:                           Individual Submission
Pages:                           32
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-bess-l2vpn-service-yang-00.txt

Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hu-bess-l2vpn-service-yang/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hu-bess-l2vpn-service-yang-00

Abstract:
   This document defines a YANG data model that can be used to deliver a
   Layer 2 Provider Provisioned VPN service.  These services include
   Virtual Private Wire Service (VPWS) and Virtual Private LAN service
   (VPLS).  This model is intended to be instantiated at management
   system to deliver the L2VPN service, and is not a configuration model
   to be used directly on network elements.

   This model provides an abstracted view of the Layer 2 VPN service
   configuration components.  It will be up to a management
   system(orchestrator) to take this as an input and use specific
   configurations models to configure the different network elements to
   deliver the service.  It is called as north bound L2VPN Service YANG
   data model.  How configuration of network elements is out of scope of
   the document, and is defined in document[I-D.shah-bess-l2vpn-yang].

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat