Subject: [bess] Alissa Cooper's Discuss on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ-05: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 08:45:32 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ-05: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with the Gen-ART reviewer that based on its content and the definitions
provided in RFC 2026, this document should be a BCP, not a Proposed Standard. I
don't think the rationale provided to the OpsDir reviewer justifies it being a
Proposed Standard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please fix the nits identified by the Gen-ART reviewer.