Subject: [bess] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 10:29:05 -0800

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

1.2.2. Traffic Black-Holing on Individual AC Failures

   As discussed in section 2.1 the Default DF Election algorithm defined
   by [RFC7432] takes into account only two variables in the modulus
   function for a given ES: the existence of the PE's IP address on the
   candidate list and the locally provisioned Ethernet Tags.

This document doesn't have section 2.1.

1.3. The Need for Extending the Default DF Election in EVPN

   Section 2.2 describes some of the issues that exist in the Default DF
   Election procedures. In order to address those issues, this document

This document doesn't have section 2.2 either.

---

From: "Rabadan, Jorge (Nokia - US/Mountain View)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 15:49:47 +0000

Alexey,

Thanks for reviewing.
The next revision will have those two nits fixed.

Thx
Jorge