Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 02:29:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Framework for EVPN Designated Forwarder Election Extensibility
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Satya Mohanty
                          Ali Sajassi
                          John Drake
                          Kiran Nagaraj
                          Senthil Sathappan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework-09.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2019-01-24

Abstract:
   An alternative to the Default Designated Forwarder (DF) selection
   algorithm in Ethernet VPN (EVPN) networks is defined. The DF is the
   Provider Edge (PE) router responsible for sending broadcast, unknown
   unicast and multicast (BUM) traffic to multi-homed Customer Equipment
   (CE) on a particular Ethernet Segment (ES) within a VLAN. In
   addition, the capability to influence the DF election result for a
   VLAN based on the state of the associated Attachment Circuit (AC) is
   specified. This document clarifies the DF Election Finite State
   Machine in EVPN, therefore it updates the EVPN specification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/