Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 04:09:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Gateway Auto-Discovery and Route Advertisement for Segment Routing Enabled Domain Interconnection
        Authors         : Adrian Farrel
                          John Drake
                          Eric Rosen
                          Keyur Patel
                          Luay Jalil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-08-20

Abstract:
   Data centers are critical components of the infrastructure used by
   network operators to provide services to their customers.  Data
   centers are attached to the Internet or a backbone network by gateway
   routers.  One data center typically has more than one gateway for
   commercial, load balancing, and resiliency reasons.

   Segment Routing is a popular protocol mechanism for use within a data
   center, but also for steering traffic that flows between two data
   center sites.  In order that one data center site may load balance
   the traffic it sends to another data center site, it needs to know
   the complete set of gateway routers at the remote data center, the
   points of connection from those gateways to the backbone network, and
   the connectivity across the backbone network.

   Segment Routing may also be operated in other domains, such as access
   networks.  Those domains also need to be connected across backbone
   networks through gateways.

   This document defines a mechanism using the BGP Tunnel Encapsulation
   attribute to allow each gateway router to advertise the routes to the
   prefixes in the Segment Routing domains to which it provides access,
   and also to advertise on behalf of each other gateway to the same
   Segment Routing domain.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/