Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-irb-mcast-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 04:41:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : EVPN Optimized Inter-Subnet Multicast (OISM) Forwarding
        Authors         : Wen Lin
                          Zhaohui Zhang
                          John Drake
                          Eric C. Rosen
                          Jorge Rabadan
                          Ali Sajassi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-irb-mcast-03.txt
	Pages           : 77
	Date            : 2019-08-16

Abstract:
   Ethernet VPN (EVPN) provides a service that allows a single Local
   Area Network (LAN), comprising a single IP subnet, to be divided into
   multiple "segments".  Each segment may be located at a different
   site, and the segments are interconnected by an IP or MPLS backbone.
   Intra-subnet traffic (either unicast or multicast) always appears to
   the endusers to be bridged, even when it is actually carried over the
   IP or MPLS backbone.  When a single "tenant" owns multiple such LANs,
   EVPN also allows IP unicast traffic to be routed between those LANs.
   This document specifies new procedures that allow inter-subnet IP
   multicast traffic to be routed among the LANs of a given tenant,
   while still making intra-subnet IP multicast traffic appear to be
   bridged.  These procedures can provide optimal routing of the inter-
   subnet multicast traffic, and do not require any such traffic to
   leave a given router and then reenter that same router.  These
   procedures also accommodate IP multicast traffic that needs to travel
   to or from systems that are outside the EVPN domain.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-irb-mcast/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-irb-mcast-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-irb-mcast-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-irb-mcast-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/