Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-vpls-multihoming-05.txt> (BGP based Multi-homing in Virtual Private LAN Service) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 06:34:56 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - 'BGP based Multi-homing in Virtual Private
LAN Service'
  <draft-ietf-bess-vpls-multihoming-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-03-12. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) is a Layer 2 Virtual Private
   Network (VPN) that gives its customers the appearance that their
   sites are connected via a Local Area Network (LAN).  It is often
   required for the Service Provider (SP) to give the customer redundant
   connectivity to some sites, often called "multi-homing".  This memo
   shows how BGP-based multi-homing can be offered in the context of LDP
   and BGP VPLS solutions.  This document updates RFC 4761 by defining
   new flags in the Control Flags field of the Layer2 Info Extended
   Community.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-vpls-multihoming/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-vpls-multihoming/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1809/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3838/