Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-rfc5549revision-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 01:43:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Advertising IPv4 Network Layer Reachability Information with an IPv6 Next Hop
        Authors         : Stephane Litkowski
                          Swadesh Agrawal
                          Krishna Muddenahally Ananthamurthy
                          Keyur Patel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-rfc5549revision-05.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2020-08-31

Abstract:
   Multiprotocol BGP (MP-BGP) specifies that the set of usable next-hop
   address families is determined by the Address Family Identifier (AFI)
   and the Subsequent Address Family Identifier (SAFI).  The AFI/SAFI
   definitions for the IPv4 address family only have provisions for
   advertising a Next Hop address that belongs to the IPv4 protocol when
   advertising IPv4 Network Layer Reachability Information (NLRI) or
   VPN-IPv4 NLRI.

   This document specifies the extensions necessary to allow advertising
   IPv4 NLRI or VPN-IPv4 NLRI with a Next Hop address that belongs to
   the IPv6 protocol.  This comprises an extension of the AFI/SAFI
   definitions to allow the address of the Next Hop for IPv4 NLRI or
   VPN-IPv4 NLRI to also belong to the IPv6 protocol, the encoding of
   the Next Hop to determine which of the protocols the address actually
   belongs to, and a BGP Capability allowing MP-BGP Peers to dynamically
   discover whether they can exchange IPv4 NLRI and VPN-IPv4 NLRI with
   an IPv6 Next Hop. This document obsoletes RFC5549.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-rfc5549revision/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-rfc5549revision-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-rfc5549revision-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-rfc5549revision-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/