Subject: [bess] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 07:20:06 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just some very small points; please consider them, but there’s no need to
respond.

Please expand “EVPN” in the title, abstract, and introduction.

It’s also not necessary to include the abbreviations for IXP, DC, and BD (which
is misspelled as “DB”) in the abstract, as they’re each only used once there
and are included in Section 1.

Even after having “DC” and “IXP” defined, it seems better to me to spell them
out in the section titles of 2.1 (“The Data Center Use Case”) and 2.2 (“The
Internet Exchange Point Use Case”).  Maybe consider that for Sections 5.5 and
5.6 as well.

And throughout the document, “use case” doesn’t need a hyphen and shouldn’t
have one.