Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 08:25:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : MVPN/EVPN Tunnel Aggregation with Common Labels
        Authors         : Zhaohui Zhang
                          Eric Rosen
                          Wen Lin
                          Zhenbin Li
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label-05.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2021-01-11

Abstract:
   The MVPN specifications allow a single Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP)
   tunnel to carry traffic of multiple VPNs.  The EVPN specifications
   allow a single P2MP tunnel to carry traffic of multiple Broadcast
   Domains (BDs).  These features require the ingress router of the P2MP
   tunnel to allocate an upstream-assigned MPLS label for each VPN or
   for each BD.  A packet sent on a P2MP tunnel then carries the label
   that is mapped to its VPN or BD.  (In some cases, a distinct
   upstream-assigned is needed for each flow.)  Since each ingress
   router allocates labels independently, with no coordination among the
   ingress routers, the egress routers may need to keep track of a large
   number of labels.  The number of labels may need to be as large (or
   larger) than the product of the number of ingress routers times the
   number of VPNs or BDs.  However, the number of labels can be greatly
   reduced if the association between a label and a VPN or BD is made by
   provisioning, so that all ingress routers assign the same label to a
   particular VPN or BD.  New procedures are needed in order to take
   advantage of such provisioned labels.  These new procedures also
   apply to Multipoint-to-Multipoint (MP2MP) tunnels.  This document
   updates RFCs 6514, 7432 and 7582 by specifying the necessary
   procedures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/