Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 03:27:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Optimized Ingress Replication solution for EVPN
        Authors         : J. Rabadan
                          S. Sathappan
                          W. Lin
                          M. Katiyar
                          A. Sajassi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-09.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2021-09-23

Abstract:
   Network Virtualization Overlay (NVO) networks using EVPN as control
   plane may use Ingress Replication (IR) or PIM (Protocol Independent
   Multicast) based trees to convey the overlay Broadcast, Unknown
   unicast and Multicast (BUM) traffic.  PIM provides an efficient
   solution to avoid sending multiple copies of the same packet over the
   same physical link, however it may not always be deployed in the NVO
   core network.  IR avoids the dependency on PIM in the NVO network
   core.  While IR provides a simple multicast transport, some NVO
   networks with demanding multicast applications require a more
   efficient solution without PIM in the core.  This document describes
   a solution to optimize the efficiency of IR in NVO networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/