Subject: [bess] Protocol Action: 'IGMP and MLD Proxy for EVPN' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy-21.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 02:56:25 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IGMP and MLD Proxy for EVPN'
  (draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy-21.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the BGP Enabled ServiceS Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, John Scudder and Martin Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy/

Technical Summary

   This draft enables in an EVPN network: flooding reduction of IGMP messages,
   distributed anycast multicast proxy and selective multicast (forward multicast only to PEs that have interest).

Working Group Summary

   The draft has been updated multiple times due to a good amount of discussions.
   An important change on the encoding has been introduced late in the process
   but this change has been agreed and has a consensus in the WG.

Document Quality

   There are implementations of the specification.

Personnel

Stephane Litkowski is the document shepherd.
Martin Vigoureux is the responsible AD