Subject: [bess] Warren Kumari's Abstain on draft-ietf-bess-srv6-services-12: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 12:55:00 -0800

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-srv6-services-12: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/ 
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-srv6-services/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

With the updated text in the Security Considerations in Version 12, I'm
clearing my DISCUSS.

I still don't love this (hence the Abstain), but my disquiet is caused caused
by the security considerations in SRv6, not this document itself.

I'd like to specifically call out and thank Ketan Talaulikar, who did an
outstanding job at communicating, addressing the concerns, and defusing the
situation in general.

---

From: Ketan Talaulikar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 11:52:47 +0530

Hi Warren,

Thanks for your review and your feedback/inputs were very helpful in
improving the document.

Thanks,
Ketan

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 2:25 AM Warren Kumari via Datatracker <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Please refer to
> https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/