Subject: [bfcpbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 07:44:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Binary Floor Control Protocol Bis  Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)
	Author(s)       : Gonzalo Camarillo
                          Keith Drage
                          Tom Kristensen
                          Joerg Ott
                          Charles Eckel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-04.txt
	Pages           : 87
	Date            : 2012-07-14

Abstract:
   Floor control is a means to manage joint or exclusive access to
   shared resources in a (multiparty) conferencing environment.
   Thereby, floor control complements other functions -- such as
   conference and media session setup, conference policy manipulation,
   and media control -- that are realized by other protocols.

   This document specifies the Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP).
   BFCP is used between floor participants and floor control servers,
   and between floor chairs (i.e., moderators) and floor control
   servers.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4582.  Changes from RFC 4582 are
   summarized in section 16.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-04

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tom Kristensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 16:48:08 +0200

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-04.txt

The changes from the -03 version:

1) Remove ErrorAck primitive. Not needed as the server replies with an 
Error message and completes that transaction. Input from Ernst Horvath 
2012-06-15, cf. mail thread on list.
2) Made the assumption that the one pending/outstanding transaction 
limitation applies per BFCP connection between a client and a server. 
Cf. mail thread on list started by Woo Johnman 2012-06-01. Section 6.2, 
sixth paragraph and Section 6.2.1, third sentence.
3) Reworded and fixed description of Error handling and error codes. 
Input from Ernst Horvath 2012-06-25, cf. mail thread on list.
4) Shuffled around text to keep the logic separation between client and 
server specifications in different main sections. Input from Ernst 
Horvath 2012-06-25, cf. mail thread on list.
5) Misc. smaller but important changes from Ernst Horvath 2012-06-27, 
cf. mail thread on list.

-- Tom