Subject: [bfcpbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 00:38:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Binary Floor Control Protocol Bis  Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)
	Author(s)       : Gonzalo Camarillo
                          Keith Drage
                          Tom Kristensen
                          Joerg Ott
                          Charles Eckel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 87
	Date            : 2012-08-29

Abstract:
   Floor control is a means to manage joint or exclusive access to
   shared resources in a (multiparty) conferencing environment.
   Thereby, floor control complements other functions -- such as
   conference and media session setup, conference policy manipulation,
   and media control -- that are realized by other protocols.

   This document specifies the Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP).
   BFCP is used between floor participants and floor control servers,
   and between floor chairs (i.e., moderators) and floor control
   servers.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4582.  Changes from RFC 4582 are
   summarized in section 16.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tom Kristensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 09:45:38 +0200

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-05.txt
[...]

Updated according to agreement in BFCPbis WG session at IETF-84, 
Vancouver, i.e. fixed comments and issues raised by Alfred Heggestad's 
review posted on list 2012-07-16 and the discussion in that e-mail thread:

- Keep SHOULD clear R and F flags for senders (over reliable 
transports). Add "MUST be ignored by receivers". No functional changes.
- Clarify text regarding fragmentation. No functional changes.
- Remove remains of ErrorAck behaviour. Clarify text. No functional changes.
- Clarify and focus text for NAT traversal/keepalive. No functional changes.
     . mention usage of STUN Binding Indication for keepalives
     . point to ICE for how to use it

Should be ready for WGLC - as was the conclusion at IETF-84!

-- Tom

---

From: Tom Kristensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 09:50:55 +0200

... and you may want the side-by-side diff between -04 and -05:
http://bit.ly/UaeXvE

-- Tom

On 29/08/2012, Tom Kristensen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> bfcpbis mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bfcpbis
>

-- 
# Cisco                         |  http://www.cisco.com/telepresence/
## [email-masked]  |  http://www.tandberg.com
###                               |  http://folk.uio.no/tomkri/